Forums

Help › Forums

Flash in browsers not supported after 2020

Mon, Jun 29 2020 5:28 PM (6 replies)
  • MulliganWilly
    138 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 5:58 AM

What's going to happen to WGT? Can barely get it running these days. 

• 6lennn
    17 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 8:37 AM

Its here now on Steam

Plays and looks just like the mobile version

(am still under moderation for my posts, sorry if Its already been linked)

• MulliganWilly
    138 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 4:39 PM

Oh, thanks for the link. Looks like there's more detail. I'm not using steam. Don't have time for video games. Blew couple decades going nowhere. If this can't play later on here, whatever. 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 12:26 PM

MulliganWilly:
    I'm not using steam.

Currently, you don't have to. 

Stand alone non flash for PC.

Link

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 3:54 PM
    MulliganWilly:

Don't have time for video games. Blew couple decades going nowhere. If this can't play later on here, whatever. 

HUH, what do you think you have been playing here all these years in a browser and using flash. Search the forums and find the launcher download, if you don't want to download it off of steam. It's a stand alone unlike either the flash version or steam version. Here's a hint, try looking for PCEA. OH btw, Jims link above is actually the download. It's for windows, there is also one for Macs within the forums.
  • yldcatz
    65 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 5:28 PM

Thanks for the link.

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 5:53 AM

Mr. Mulligan,

I've been using the PCEA non-steam version of WGT exclusively for a couple of months now and have found that it plays about as well as the flash version.  There are some differences for sure but after a couple of weeks of playing I was able to acclimate myself and find the game as enjoyable as before. Yes there are a bunch of features that lend itself to look like some sort of uninteresting little video game but if you want to play the game the way that you play on flash player, I think you can and find it to be more than acceptable.  In addition, The PCEA game is still " early access" and there are more improvements with each update and by the time flash goes away, I think it will be even better.  

I keep hoping that there will be some sort of "Grand Opening " roll out once we have a final product.  I keep telling myself that WGT might even surprise us with a new course or  2.       I think I am probably lying to myself on that one . But I dream on.

RSS