Forums

Help › Forums

Timeout

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:27 PM (7 replies)
  • Modfather65
    18 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 2:44 AM

After the first timeout - the second timeout should be shorter - it is very frustrating playing someone who is very slow and even more frustrating when they obviously are doing something else and get 1 minute 30 seconds to play a shot.  Second time out should be 30 or 20 seconds.....

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 12:03 PM

An easy way to avoid us slow players is set-up your round with the time you want. If we think it's too short we won't accept the invitation. 

Also you can reject the invitation for any round set longer than you enjoy playing.

No need for WGT to do anything, it's all in your control.

DJ7

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 5:39 PM

DufferJohn7:

An easy way to avoid us slow players is set-up your round with the time you want. If we think it's too short we won't accept the invitation. 

Also you can reject the invitation for any round set longer than you enjoy playing.

No need for WGT to do anything, it's all in your control.

DJ7

+1 I'm to old to rush

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 6:06 PM

What I think would be nice is to have an increment like in chess.

Let's say, for instance, 10 20 meaning you start with 10 minutes and you've got 20 seconds to play your shot each time. If you play your shot in less than 20 seconds, you save the playing time accordingly, and vice versa.

It'd be very beneficial for both parties playing and waiting because the time required to play differs greatly depending on the type of shot you take.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 6:27 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

What I think would be nice is to have an increment like in chess.

Let's say, for instance, 10 20 meaning you start with 10 minutes and you've got 20 seconds to play your shot each time. If you play your shot in less than 20 seconds, you save the playing time accordingly, and vice versa.

It'd be very beneficial for both parties playing and waiting because the time required to play differs greatly depending on the type of shot you take.

Thats cool for the younger players that just want to rush through a game.

I personally will not play with under a 90 second clock. So Mobile is out. 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 3:38 AM

I like the 90 second shot clock but can and will play the 60 second shot clock. Problem for me is I sometimes don't always pay attention to the screen....watching something on tv.....or there could be a tricky putt that requires a little longer to plan the shot. What bugs me is someone that takes more than 30 seconds to hit a tee shot. It is the easiest shot to make in the game imho. While I am waiting to take my shot I usually plan out what I want to do when my turn comes up. Makes things a little quicker. I don't like holding others up but I won't rush my shot to please others.  Cheers.😎

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 9:19 AM

Well dude, it’s not all about you, same goes for anyone else that finds this game annoying..you can’t play it the way it’s design, go find yourselves another game..Plain and simple!

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:27 PM

For us that are on mobile devices, is there been anything that WGT has said about a 90 second shot clock being added?

RSS