Help › Forums

Wind

Sun, Aug 2 2020 12:14 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Dex000
    109 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 3:58 PM

SlickHunter:

You want a realistic game, and you complain when it does. 

Are you implying that the reason players struggle is because they make mistakes, and that it's not all WGT's fault???

~Gasp~

How dare you, sir. How dare you. 

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 10:33 AM

Yiannis1970:

Not quite. If you have a certain 12 wind aiming at 3 o'clock and change into the back camera, the back camera should show 9 o'clock. If you have a 12 wind at 4 o'clock from the front camera when you change to the back, you should see a nice 8 o'clock. This is not the issue and no problem at all. The problem is when u set up your shot for a side or a bit tail wind and all of a sudden (after your stroke) you realize that the wind was into.

I understand what you are saying, I'm just saying I have never seen it happen.  There are plenty of holes on WGT where the camera behind the green is not 180 degrees different from the camera behind the tee so they are off at some angle.

It would be helpful if you could list specific holes you have seen this happen on.  I find it hard to believe that I would not have noticed it over thousands of rounds.

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 12:14 AM

pdiehm:
    For example I'll see a 9-11 cross wind on the tee, maybe a SLIGHT headwind factor blowing towards 3:00.  I don't have a reverse camera to check the wind on the green, and my shot will come up way short, because the wind is now a 9-11 headwind blowing to 5:30.  

The wind direction changes for the approach shot because of the different camera used than the camera on the tee

tanneralis

• PAGES
RSS