Forums

Help › Forums

Apparel Benefits

Thu, Jun 29 2023 11:31 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Pedy133
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 7:25 AM

So.....I am not able to figure out when the apparel benefits are activated and when they are not. Can someone PLEASE give a clear answer to this? It seems like there are as many answers as there are players! It's very frustrating to me and it's really messing with my game! I feel like wiping out ALL of my apparel benefits!

PLEASE HELP!

~Pedy133

• Turalyon
    95 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2020 5:50 AM

All apparel work in h2h games and clash. In tournaments apparel does not work.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 4:20 AM

If you get matched against hack or amateur the enhancements don’t work in coin rooms

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 5:40 AM

Well I have to somewhat agree with the "Confusing" comment ....The Apparel benefits are "supposed" to have limitations (or that's the way I understood it) So lets break down the reported times they are in use and the times there not supposed to be in use......

1..Tournaments (Both WGT and CC)...They are correctly turned off...This includes Ready-go's,stroke play,Brackets ...etc....

2..Multi player stroke play where you CAN cross platform play with flash and PCEA...They seem to be incorrectly ENABLED....

Now here is where improper use of these "Unrealistic Golf Advantages"  are in unclear waters and are in severe need of correction....

3..MONEY involved games!!! #1 Cross-platform (Flash vs PCEA) "Challenge Match play"  for credits ...They ARE NOT always disabled !! (I have had them work and in other matches not work) 

4..And again with Cross-Platform Challenge Skins Games (for credits) they seem to ALWAYS  be enabled!!

I have personally done extensive testing to come up with they above determinations...The Big problem (IMHO) is the use of ANY Apparel unfair advantages when it comes to playing for money(credits) !! Especially in a mixed lobby of PCEA vs Flash...

Scenarios 3 & 4 need to be looked at....     ( I didn't include "Clash" because ...well )

JD 

• FalconDave
    44 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 8:04 AM

My personal choice, to this point, has been to turn apparel benefits off. There are enough variables in this game. I am willing to accepted diminished equipment performance in some situations to avoid at least one source of variation in shot outcomes. 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 9:22 AM

JD I think you may have the Match and Stroke Play mixed up. From when you and I were looking at this the Apparel is OFF in Scored/Practice Match Play (not sure about Challenge Match Play though) and is ON for Scored/Practice Stroke Play.    
    That’s what I have written down but maybe I’m wrong??? 

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 2:22 PM

MarchieB:

JD I think you may have the Match and Stroke Play mixed up. From when you and I were looking at this the Apparel is OFF in Scored/Practice Match Play (not sure about Challenge Match Play though) and is ON for Scored/Practice Stroke Play.    
    That’s what I have written down but maybe I’m wrong??? 

Yes you are correct Marchie ....👍 BUT  in the Match play "Challenge" format (for credits) I have seen the "apparel attributes" work for the PCEA player and obviously NOT for the flash player (which was me lol)...(In one match I even asked my opponent as I was 25 yards behind him off tee and he confirmed his "Boost's" were in fact on) ...But this is NOT always the case....

JD

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 3:18 PM

WGT just needs to create a way to turn off apparel and make it to where other players can see its off.

Also for 500 credits you can engage all you club apparel, but dress like you have none. 

Kinda like they will slow the meter down for credits in flash. I always thought the 500 credits was to be able to change the color of your clothes. Lucky I found this out before I spent 500 credits. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 8:31 PM

Woodoworkery:

WGT just needs to create a way to turn off apparel and make it to where other players can see its off.

Also for 500 credits you can engage all you club apparel, but dress like you have none. 

Kinda like they will slow the meter down for credits in flash. I always thought the 500 credits was to be able to change the color of your clothes. Lucky I found this out before I spent 500 credits. 

Agree.

I spent the 500 credits so my "hidden" apparel is all basic, so I can learn the EA version without the magic hats and gloves, etc.  I guess I spent the credits so I did not look like a total hobo!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 8:48 AM

Woodoworkery:

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!

Woodoworkery:

I'm lost on the 500 credit thing?? I would love to not look like a clown but "Keep" the few club "Boost's" I have?

• PAGES
RSS