Tue, Jun 23 2020 1:17 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 4:35 AM

MikeW1503:

alosso:

MikeW1503:
    WGT tells me the ball is taken out of play and replaces it with another paid for ball - ONE PAID FOR BALL NOW REMOVED - WHY??

Custom balls have a limited life span - from what we know, 90 to 125 strokes each (except putts on the greens). It is shown in a wee meter below the ball picture. At count zero, they are taken out of play and replaced by the next ball or by a Starter if there are no more left.

Mind you that you don't buy balls but licences for limited use of the balls - see the T&Cs!

A licence to print money then . When my current paid for balls run out - back to the rocks then. Dear oh dear - that is rather cynical.

Mike a great ball at your Level is the WGT SD Balls. 65 cents a sleeve. I used to buy them 6 packs a time.

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 4:39 AM

Just a quick question, putts on the green don't get in the 90 to 125 hits of the ball !

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 5:22 AM
    DonCaron:

MikeW1503:

alosso:

MikeW1503:
    WGT tells me the ball is taken out of play and replaces it with another paid for ball - ONE PAID FOR BALL NOW REMOVED - WHY??

Custom balls have a limited life span - from what we know, 90 to 125 strokes each (except putts on the greens). It is shown in a wee meter below the ball picture. At count zero, they are taken out of play and replaced by the next ball or by a Starter if there are no more left.

Mind you that you don't buy balls but licences for limited use of the balls - see the T&Cs!

A licence to print money then . When my current paid for balls run out - back to the rocks then. Dear oh dear - that is rather cynical.

Mike a great ball at your Level is the WGT SD Balls. 65 cents a sleeve. I used to buy them 6 packs a time.

Very true Don, and the Tour - S, best value balls that I even use when I do ready gos occasionally.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 6:07 AM

Connorjwebb123:
    DonCaron:

MikeW1503:

alosso:

MikeW1503:

Very true Don, and the Tour - S, best value balls that I even use when I do ready gos occasionally.

There is always a cheaper way to go. The Callaway L33 were great value balls also.

At Tour Pro and Master you tend to lose balls until you learn Course Management.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 8:16 AM

MikeW1503:

A license to print money? 

They have a product and offer it for people to purchase. If that's a license to print money, then every business that sells something (especially consumables) has a license to print money. 

They're a business like any other business. If you want to purchase the product, then purchase it. If you don't, then don't. It's as simple as that. It's a consumable product as are many other products people purchase.

And I don't think they're getting rich at 65 cents a purchase. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 8:18 AM

blackridgenik:

Just a quick question, putts on the green don't get in the 90 to 125 hits of the ball !

That's correct. Putts don't count (except for mulligans in practice rounds). 

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 1:39 PM

Thanks for the info...

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2020 1:17 PM

MikeW1503:
    No more money for balls from me - ridiculous and somewhat exploitative of WGT members who reach into their pockets.

And yet.....

• PAGES
RSS