Help › Forums

Ball taken out of play?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 23 2020 1:17 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 6:51 AM

So I buy a few sleeves of better balls to help my play.

WGT removes paid for balls when it seems to feel like it.

Examples:

Just played a good shot to the edge of the green. WGT tells me the ball is taken out of play and replaces it with another paid for ball - ONE PAID FOR BALL NOW REMOVED - WHY??

Hit a ball into deep brush - immediately returned to the tee, because WGT insists the ball is lost - ANOTHER PAID FOR BALL REMOVED.

Really? Really? Seems a bit of a scam. Out of bounds or in the water - fine. But the two examples above. What the hell?

No more money for balls from me - ridiculous and somewhat exploitative of WGT members who reach into their pockets.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 10:40 AM

Your first ball hit to the edge of the green, you may have used your ball durability, hence the ball replaced with another.

Your second ball hit into the, as you put it “deep brush” thats happened to everyone no doubt, but deep brush gives it away, i’ve lost a ball on the 10th @ Bethpage, hit left, “lost ball” You can loose a ball off the 10th at Olympic, hit the trees, it drops down in to the rough and a lost ball. 

Certainly some of the lost ball issues are bizzare.

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 12:31 PM

A licence to print money then. certainly won't be buying anymore. Dear oh dear :)

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 1:12 PM

To make matters worse and to really put me off investing cash on balls - playing alternate - my partner puts me in a ravine in Wolf creek - the ball is in play.  However, I have no view of the player or the ball - I only have a view of the putting surface. Therefore a totally blind shot - no idea with it. Net result - out of bounds and another paid ball taken by WGT. That borders on very sharp practice by WGT. Not on!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 11:11 PM

MikeW1503:
    WGT tells me the ball is taken out of play and replaces it with another paid for ball - ONE PAID FOR BALL NOW REMOVED - WHY??

Custom balls have a limited life span - from what we know, 90 to 125 strokes each (except putts on the greens). It is shown in a wee meter below the ball picture. At count zero, they are taken out of play and replaced by the next ball or by a Starter if there are no more left.

Mind you that you don't buy balls but licences for limited use of the balls - see the T&Cs!

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2020 8:36 AM

alosso:

MikeW1503:
    WGT tells me the ball is taken out of play and replaces it with another paid for ball - ONE PAID FOR BALL NOW REMOVED - WHY??

Custom balls have a limited life span - from what we know, 90 to 125 strokes each (except putts on the greens). It is shown in a wee meter below the ball picture. At count zero, they are taken out of play and replaced by the next ball or by a Starter if there are no more left.

Mind you that you don't buy balls but licences for limited use of the balls - see the T&Cs!

A licence to print money then . When my current paid for balls run out - back to the rocks then. Dear oh dear - that is rather cynical.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 8:34 PM

Yes - you have the option to play this game for zero cash.  You get what you pay for.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 1:50 AM

MikeW1503:
    A licence to print money then .
    It creates revenue for a company which provides leisure fun for the players.
    Anything wrong with that?

The amount may be low or high according to individual choice. To me, it's reasonable.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 2:20 AM

MikeW1503:

A licence to print money then. certainly won't be buying anymore. Dear oh dear :)

If you’ve got the resources, i.e a phone and tablet, watch the free video credits available, it takes about 15 mins, thats 150 a day available which amasses to 1050 a week, almost 50k for me.

Dear oh dear, If you cant be bothered, use the starter ball.........play for free!

No one is forced to spend money! 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 3:47 AM
    andwhy67:

Dear oh dear, If you cant be bothered, use the starter ball.........play for free!

No one is forced to spend money! 

+1
  • PAGES
RSS