Help › Forums

John Daly's a quitter..

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:55 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • asugunnu
    48 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 3:57 AM

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/7009138/john-daly-assessed-penalty-quits-austrian-open

DISCONNECTED

• kabubbu
    16 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 9:34 AM

no surprise then,big joe hates fkn golf etiquette haha

• minkadua
    29 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2013 1:26 PM

lolz

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2013 9:14 PM

He showed talent when he first hit the PGA. I don't see how he keeps his card active, he's a mess.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:28 PM

TracyMax:
    he's a mess

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:07 AM

I'll always have a soft spot for the guy.

Aside from being an awesome golfer who brought a bit of fresh air and excitement to the game when it was sorely needed, the stuffed shirts who run things hated him probably as much as they did Tiger when he first came on the scene.

Overweight? Working class? Drinks beer and smokes on the course? 

If he'd have been black as well, they probably would have had him lynched.

Always be a role model for me!

Sean

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 1:07 PM

nothing wrong with the man i personally think he is a gr8 golfer.big deal he smokes and drinks still  an exciting player 2 watch i think.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 1:18 PM

Maybe we should crucify Boo Weekly for chewing tobacco on the course. Or maybe (actually we did) should have banned Moe Norman for being a complete nut job.

John Daly is John Daly. I would not want him to change anything. Maybe he could cut down on the booze & smokes idk, that's up to him.

I just know that he won 2 major championships. He stayed with that swing even when his college golf coach told him "Son, you'll never play well with that swing"

I think he has really gone through a hell of alot of BS in the past few years & I think people should keep their mouth shut about how John's screwed up blah blah, yada yada.

Why not just leave the guy alone?

Sheeesh

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 2:34 PM

BubbaCrusher007:
    Why not just leave the guy alone?

I agree. I have read that article 3 times and I can not understand the officials ruling at all.He dropped his ball too close the original spot?? I could see it if he had ruled that he had dropped it closer to the hole. But that was not his ruling. He ruled that he dropped his ball too close to his original spot. It seems to me that the official just had it in for John Daly. Maybe because of him throwing a club into the water after a poor shot earlier on that same hole.  

• PAGES
RSS