Forums

Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 5:18 AM

mikeharrisonda3:

The worst thing I have found with the app is the way it handles balls. I tend to buy packs of 3 at 550 CR a time. I have only used the app after it became the only way to play.   On the app It asks me to buy a pack of 3 about every 5 games. I have just checked and have 8 balls equipped so the app is asking me to but a set of 3 every time I have used one.

I also seem to remember that the durability when I previosly bought was much more than the 25% it now says. Will now (once I have used the 8 I have) probably switch to free balls.

I don't think the durability of the balls is different in the new game.

It sounds like the app is asking you to buy them after you use one ball but you don't have to do it. 

You say this happens every five rounds, a ball with a durability rating of 2.5 gives you 120 hits (putts not included), so that's 24 hits per round.  Your last 5 rounds are all 9 hole and would average close to 35 so taking off 11 for putts 24 hits seems about right. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 5:51 AM

DodgyPutter:
    It sounds like the app is asking you to buy them after you use one ball but you don't have to do it. 

Yes, it does and you're right, you don't have to buy them. However, if you're not sure how many you actually have left you have to go looking for that count. Turns out the only way you can do that is by editing your equipment and viewing the ball. The count's there but takes about 4 clicks to find it.

• BigTrap
    29 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 11:33 AM

I dont like the new version at all but for different reasons. It seems more like a kids game you know, just for fun. I liked the other that was more realistic. Most of the shots are dragging and cause awful hits because the game is slower. Sure I have tried to adjust but the layout is different, the spacing is different and so on. Graphics look nice but there is so much more that has negatively affected the game. I have no problem with WGT making money as it is a business. But when you take something and totally change the look and feel of the game for no apparent reason and then do not respond to the consumer it really makes me wonder if I will put anymore of my hard earned coins into this when they're all gone. 

• BigTrap
    29 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 2:52 PM

This will be my fourth post regarding the new version. Maybe it will be the first one to show and make it past censorship.My question is why doesnt my mouse stop when I click it? It always keeps moving to the right after I click causing errant right shots. On putts it stops but not on regular shots. Anyone?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 4:12 PM

BigTrap:

This will be my fourth post regarding the new version. Maybe it will be the first one to show and make it past censorship.My question is why doesnt my mouse stop when I click it? It always keeps moving to the right after I click causing errant right shots. On putts it stops but not on regular shots. Anyone?

If you don't include some details as per your setup, then you can't expect any real help on issues like this. There's literally 6 or so different things that can cause mouse or input lag. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 5:51 PM
    The problem is your mouse, not the game. If it's rechargable, recharge it. If it's battery, replace the battery. If it's neither, replace it. Been there, done that
  • Ray7042
    120 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 7:08 PM

Totally agree with you. Have played this game off and on for 7 years and love the graphics. Have had some issues with different parts of the game and tried to report them or make suggestions for changes or possible improvements. NEVER got a response from WGT.l Have 2 issues with the game now. After the changeover from Adobe Flash I was only able to transfer the data from my own account. My son and daughter also had accounts but their info was not transferred and they must now set up new accounts through Steam W/ new ID's and emails, etc. WTF! Also, after all that time playing and reaching level 102 w/ average score of 66.96 my average score has suddenly been raised to 74.8 yesterday and over 75 today. Again WTF??? Sadly all attempts to contact WGT creators concerning this issue have been ignored, as usual, and I am left wondering if this game is actually worth the effort or time. Truly did enjoy playing WGT and watching my slow and awkward advances over the years but to have them all taken away overnight is unacceptable. Give me a reason for that.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:53 AM

BigTrap:

Strange, unless you're using a wireless mouse. If that's the case, do yourself a favour and buy the cheapest wired mouse you can get. It should work just fine. 

• Bogeyplus
    1,149 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 6:56 AM

WGT in its infinite wisdom for some reason felt i needed a HYbred so it took me 64 wedge out of play and put in a WGT hybred started club, and it wont let me change it, HELP.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 7:01 AM
RSS