Forums

Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • buttweed
    60 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 6:42 AM

Well time for me to weigh in on what I think of the new version of WGT Golf and how it has ruined your game. When I started at WGT many years ago ,it was the closest thing to live golf I found on the internet. With the new version ,it is everything but realistic .When you can change shoes for more power or under wear for greater accuracy ,it is simply becoming a bigger money maker for WGT and less realistic by the day . It renders the clubs I have bought from this company useless . It has made WGT more like big head golf than real.. So time to take my roughly $400.+ dollars I spend annually on this game and find something more realistic. When an average legend can down load it and improve 10 shots in a month ,it has become a farce.Very , very, very disappointed in a game I once had fun playing.                                                                                                       Sincerely Allen Kirby (Buttweed)

• firef33
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 7:15 AM

I just read your message and I agree I have been playing for 8 years I an retired and use to 

play very day.I am stuck at tour master can not get free credit for golf balls' have been blocked for I do not know.I have been in touch wit wgt no answer I sent them 5 request

they wrote me I gave them the reason asked them why I was blocked and them did not know why crazy.

Sincerely firef33

• AZWizard1
    17 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 7:15 AM

I agree with the other poster, the game has deteriorated considerably as of late ... 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 7:23 AM

couple things.

1. however you played the game before hasn't changed one bit.

Don't like apparel? dont play coin games.

see how easy that is? all your angst fixed.

2.  also  computer stat enhancers are stat enhancers. Whether the stat is on a club or a shirt it does the exact same thing. the only difference is how you are deciding to perceive it.

But if you just can't wrap your mind around that concept.  see 1 above

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 7:59 AM

Mythanatos:

couple things.

2.  also  computer stat enhancers are stat enhancers. Whether the stat is on a club or a shirt it does the exact same thing. the only difference is how you are deciding to perceive it.

Agreed, don’t play for coins and all the apparel that you have just makes for a larger wardrobe. I too started on flash but have now got used to the mobile version, I use a bit of apparel for my driver and three wood, my irons and wedges i don’t touch with any enhancements.

The game is no different really, the newer version and the graphics are sharper, OK the avatar is a bit clunky but it’s a lot better.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 4:10 PM

andwhy67:

Mythanatos:

couple things.

Agreed, don’t play for coins and all the apparel that you have just makes for a larger wardrobe. I too started on flash but have now got used to the mobile version, I use a bit of apparel for my driver and three wood, my irons and wedges i don’t touch with any enhancements.

The game is no different really, the newer version and the graphics are sharper, OK the avatar is a bit clunky but it’s a lot better.

Right On Both of you. I don't do coin games and the only thing I have turned in apparel is driver distance.

• Gepetto1958
    4,218 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 4:17 PM
    DonCaron:
    I don't do coin games and the only thing I have turned in apparel is driver distance.
    I dont understand. If you dont do coin games then where can you use apparel for driver?
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 5:05 PM

Gepetto1958:
    DonCaron:
    I don't do coin games and the only thing I have turned in apparel is driver distance.
    I dont understand. If you dont do coin games then where can you use apparel for driver?

When I play match play or something where it works. Personally I don't care if its ever on

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 6:11 PM

buttweed:

Well time for me to weigh in on what I think of the new version of WGT Golf and how it has ruined your game. When I started at WGT many years ago ,it was the closest thing to live golf I found on the internet. With the new version ,it is everything but realistic .When you can change shoes for more power or under wear for greater accuracy ,it is simply becoming a bigger money maker for WGT and less realistic by the day . It renders the clubs I have bought from this company useless . It has made WGT more like big head golf than real.. So time to take my roughly $400.+ dollars I spend annually on this game and find something more realistic. When an average legend can down load it and improve 10 shots in a month ,it has become a farce.Very , very, very disappointed in a game I once had fun playing.                                                                                                       Sincerely Allen Kirby (Buttweed)

I don't see where any of the changes actually affect how you play. You appear to play mostly solo rounds and a few tournaments or ready gos. As I understand it, apparel doesn't work in any of those situations.

As you have been playing it, the game hasn't changed. It's simply in a different venue or modality. 

• katton333
    680 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 10:27 PM

Ive been back and tried it a few times, not liked it yet. Oh well, what i think don't matter but carn't see myself continuing at this point in time once theres no pc flash version.

Bummer

Tony

RSS