Forums

Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 4:24 AM

HackWilson1930:
    I have lost 3 or 4 balls over the weekend because of meter problems. If anyone knows of a browser where flash is playing with a smooth meter, let me know.

Comodo Dragon version 29.1.0.0 with almost any version of NPAPI flash

Flashpeak Slim Jet version 8.0.5.0 with almost any version of NPAPI flash. 

but the thing is was this a new experience for you? Did you meter just start this or has it been an on going issue with you? 

If it just started you might want to look at your PC there could be a problem there.

Several years ago out of the blue my meter went to crap. It looked like it was dancing a jig. It acted like that for 2 days then on the third day my PC wouldn't boot up. It just showed all kinds of weird crap on the monitor. It turned out my video card was failing and had failed. I replaced the video card and the PC booted up and my meter was smooth again. There are other things like maybe outdated video card drivers or memory failing that can cause meter problems. 

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 12:09 PM

For anyone who hasn't switched to the NV (PCEA) or are thinking they don't need to switch after Dec 31st (Flash EOL {End of Life}) because they are on an old Flash Version/old Browser etc, watch this vid which explains that Adobe have built in a "Timebomb" (56 sec's into vid) to stop Flash working past Dec 31st

I'll leave it up to better minds (ScottHope), If he thinks there's a workaround for the guys who wanna try & stick with Flash

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 3:02 PM

Kenher01:

For anyone who hasn't switched to the NV (PCEA) or are thinking they don't need to switch after Dec 31st (Flash EOL {End of Life}) because they are on an old Flash Version/old Browser etc, watch this vid which explains that Adobe have built in a "Timebomb" (56 sec's into vid) to stop Flash working past Dec 31st

I'll leave it up to better minds (ScottHope) if he thinks there's a workaround for the guys who wanna try & stick with Flash

I wonder how far back that built-in Time bomb goes. Surely they didn't put it in before 2017 when  they decided to kill flash at the end of 2020, So maybe any version of flash before 2017 won't have that built in.

We'll find out on January 1st. My main WGT browser now  has a flash version from 2015 again. That is 2 years before they made the decision to kill flash, 

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 8:00 PM

Watching that video is quite disappointing for sure and it sure sounds like we got screwed the way he explains it is all WGT had to do was convert to HTML5....😥 What a waste of a once great format...Well I will be looking for a "Bootleg Version" of Adobe like the man mentioned...I have 6 months to crack this case!!! "I'm ON IT"

JD out

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 4:39 AM

JDGHOST:

Watching that video is quite disappointing for sure and it sure sounds like we got screwed the way he explains it is all WGT had to do was convert to HTML5....😥 What a waste of a once great format...Well I will be looking for a "Bootleg Version" of Adobe like the man mentioned...I have 6 months to crack this case!!! "I'm ON IT"

JD out

JD html5 is not all that they claim. My daughter played on Pogo for years and when they started switching from flash to html5 she said the graphics and game play went to pot, She played for a ,month or so after the switch then quit. She said they ruined every.game that they switched and they shut many down because they could not change them to html5. 

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 7:53 AM

borntobesting:
    JD html5 is not all that they claim. My daughter played on Pogo for years and when they started switching from flash to html5 she said the graphics and game play went to pot, She played for a ,month or so after the switch then quit. She said they ruined every.game that they switched and they shut many down because they could not change them to html5. 

Well I can't disagree with you as I don't know a ton about HTML5   BUT....Your daughters comment about "The graphics and game play went to pot" Sounds all to familiar as to where PCEA is at right now 😲

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 8:32 AM

OMG, what a bunch of nonsense!!!! He says that adobe is out from everywhere right now and is hardly used cause chrome (google...who else) has flash off in default mode. Well, for your information mister ''stop using flash'', millions and millions in the world play games daily on facebook using, guess what? FLASH!!! Not in 2015, not in 2016, not in 2019...TODAY!!! They just enable flash and they play!!! Let's go to the second bshit coming from adobe....On the question posted, responds: No, Adobe will be removing flash player download pages (DOWNLOAD PAGES) from its site and FLASH - BASED CONTENT WILL BE BLOCKED FROM RUNNING ADOBE....So, the question is this: Are they going to block magically all flash versions that have been used by browsers who stopped support about 7-8 years ago?? Well, well, well...WELL done guys!!! So...if you are such wizards and able to block everything by 31/12 what's the purpose of the last sentence? Customers SHOULD NOT use flash player after the EOL!!!

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 8:51 AM
    Lol
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 11:44 AM

Good point Yiannis !!

Just an FYI for everyone I just deleted my Adobe flash player and installed one from 2015 and have ALL updates turned OFF and game and meter are smooth!! Did this as a precautionary measurement ....

Note: A list of all "Old Adobe archived files" can be  found on their website ...

JD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 1:17 PM

JDGHOST:
    I just deleted my Adobe flash player and installed one from 2015 and have ALL updates turned OFF and game and meter are smooth!!

Better late than never, did that in 2015 and coupled it with an older version of Comodo Dragon, neither which update. Everything in CD is disabled except Adblock, the home page is the game client  and it's been smooth sailing since.  :-)

Curious to see what happens Jan. 1.  LOL

I have a question on the new version meter. I have a very hard time dinging drives and most of the time, irons. I use a wireless mouse and it seems like there's a delay of some sort between the click and the meter stopping. It's not a run through like people complain about, it's just a delay. 

To give you an idea of it, if I click on the first line before the ding I get really close. It's that little delay that I'm curious about. Is it a wireless mouse thing or just something I have to get used to?

I don't have the issue in the Flash game. In fact, if I miss in the PC game like I do in the new version I'd be way off the fairway so the forgiveness seems to be greater in the new game. IDK.  :-(

RSS