Forums

Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2020 8:53 AM

i have been on here for eight years and i agree with you. the putting in the new version is to critical. i dont see me on here after flash is gone. just not the same game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2020 9:02 AM

DonCaron:
    I was being fussy, so I would no have to do it again

OK, now that you have super accurate numbers, how do you account for club deviation and VEM influence?

It's a rhetorical question, you can't. And that's the point.  ;-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2020 11:41 AM

YankeeJim:

DonCaron:
    I was being fussy, so I would no have to do it again

OK, now that you have super accurate numbers, how do you account for club deviation and VEM influence?

It's a rhetorical question, you can't. And that's the point.  ;-)

I know what you mean. In Flash game , the clubs were mapped. 

• Taudien
    50 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 4:07 PM

Have to agree that if this is what we have to expect from now on I will be gone after over 8 years. More of an Arcade game with this version and lot harder to read putting.

Not for me !

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 10:35 AM

For those who feel they will walk away from WGT after Dec 2020 Please keep an eye on the following thread as I will not give up hope....

639527.aspx

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 5:01 AM

The more you play the NV the more you will enjoy it, Also dont forget when mapping you clubs in the NV make sure you have no clothes ability on so you get the normal club distance  

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 4:43 PM

All you have to do is learn the new greens, and it's exactly the same game.

Maybe not quite as easy as flash, so I'm sure we'll lose a lot of lesser players who don't have what it takes, but that's not much of a loss. 

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 4:53 AM

I felt the same way about the new version (I don't play the BS coin stuff)and said the same thing I would leave but guess what.After playing it for a while now I only play the Early Access and think its much better and yes the putting is a little different but you learn and get use to it.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 5:37 AM

Dex000:

All you have to do is learn the new greens, and it's exactly the same game.

Maybe not quite as easy as flash, so I'm sure we'll lose a lot of lesser players who don't have what it takes, but that's not much of a loss. 

I have to 100% disagree ....There is MUCH more forgiveness on the PCEA and I find it much easier !! I have only played it a handful of times and went low low (after figuring out the putting which once you do is ALSO much more forgiving)

But I'm not giving up on "Flash" and what made WGT great and above all other Golf Video games (IMHO) ..Is how much more "REALISTIC" it LOOK'S and play's....Which has  been lost on the PCEA and was NEVER in the mobile versions...

• drakeshead
    285 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 1:53 AM

I've play both and I'm not happy I found that when I changed my apparel and then checked my yardage on my level 97 irons wgt web against wgt steam and there is a difference the 3/4 there is 7 yards more and the 5/ 7 irons have 6 yard more on distance and the 8/9 irons have a 5 yard more on distance.

RSS