Forums

Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 6:13 AM

Tigerpaw509:

Flash was the same way,if you were signed in and shown yourself as online and you just closed your browser you were still shown as online

"Moral of the story is our Friends list would be cleaned up/easier to set games/invite Friends if we all used the Online/Offline function while the PC is on even if NV is closed"

Edit, also to add that if you are in a game & are set as Online you will still show as Online to your Friends setting up another game so to stop getting Invites whilst playing & to help your Friends to see who's actually Online & available when you start a game you want to finish out then set yourself to Offline

Ken

• TomCarioca
    283 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 10:42 AM

Good advice Ken.

Would serve well as a workaround until WGT got hands on that pain ita... topic.

• fineleg
    827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 2:40 PM

One issue going Offline whilst playing creates is loss of the chat function. This happens regularly. One then has to shut the game down and restart to restore the chat function. Staying online whilst playing may see other invites come in yes-- but then just respond to the invite with Already Playing, and then that person is fully aware you are already in a game.

• PRIESTESS
    10,697 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 2:54 PM

Kenher01:

Tigerpaw509:

Flash was the same way,if you were signed in and shown yourself as online and you just closed your browser you were still shown as online

"Moral of the story is our Friends list would be cleaned up/easier to set games/invite Friends if we all used the Online/Offline function while the PC is on even if NV is closed"

Edit, also to add that if you are in a game & are set as Online you will still show as Online to your Friends setting up another game so to stop getting Invites whilst playing & to help your Friends to see who's actually Online & available when you start a game you want to finish out then set yourself to Offline

Ken

In a perfect world Ken this would be ideal and its the only thing available to show  whether you are playing or not. BUT:)  If i went online now on NV and tried to set up an alt shot game i would see 10 players green, but only 2 would actually be green and who knows which ones lol. So your answer is a solution ONLY if your friends do the same. So its up to wgt to provide a simple solution like green or red status. If they cannot do that then they need to find another way fast because players will get frustrated and leave. If i could play now and set up an alt shot game like on flash i would log in but i cannot be bothered because it's too much grief.

The club ha`s set up discord to find out who is actually available.  How embarrassing is that for a global product , the no.1 online golf game?

Also Ken when i was in a game a few days back i went into settings while playing and turned status to offline. When i came back into game i lost the chat from other players.

• PRIESTESS
    10,697 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 3:04 PM

JDGHOST:
    Luckily like Ken I have 2  groups of fine friends that I play with using Skype ...That and single player Tourneys is all I have left...Boredom may start to set in soon but I hope not ...

Alt shot is the biggest attraction in wgt land. No questioning that!!  So when you have a product which is bring in the $$  on a global platform it baffles me how they cannot get that one aspect of the game which generates the most turnover right?  I understand  that they might not have been able to program this until flash finished as it may have conflicted  but surely something should have been  done by now to sort it out? You can't say , " well it was xmas " and then the new year because this is the busiest time for wgt, plus the pandemic keeping people at home.

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 8:25 PM

WGTChampion, and friends,

I have not been able to connect to a multi player game in over 2 days now. I can better get a game if I have the Apparel feature turned ON, however Champ, I just prefer the old fashioned way.

I was wondering if I am ever going to be able to play like I did up until Dec30th, 2020 when I clicked the button, players entered, and the game began.

Now all I get is 'Sorry, there are no Multiplayer games available", and that's 'if' I wait the 4 minutes and 50 seconds of searching it says its doing.

I have a full bag of equipment I upgraded time and time again(quite costly) over the last 5 years of solid play,  and now every second I cannot find a simple Stroke play or AltShot game without the Apparel feature turned ON, I waste my time playing WGT Tournaments(top dogs swoop in at last sec and win it all), because I tire of Coin games all the time.

There's no variety all of a sudden.

There is something broke here Champion. 

Many thanks.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 4:33 AM

wedge0837:

WGTChampion, and friends,

I have not been able to connect to a multi player game in over 2 days now. I can better get a game if I have the Apparel feature turned ON, however Champ, I just prefer the old fashioned way.

I was wondering if I am ever going to be able to play like I did up until Dec30th, 2020 when I clicked the button, players entered, and the game began.

Now all I get is 'Sorry, there are no Multiplayer games available", and that's 'if' I wait the 4 minutes and 50 seconds of searching it says its doing.

I have a full bag of equipment I upgraded time and time again(quite costly) over the last 5 years of solid play,  and now every second I cannot find a simple Stroke play or AltShot game without the Apparel feature turned ON, I waste my time playing WGT Tournaments(top dogs swoop in at last sec and win it all), because I tire of Coin games all the time.

There's no variety all of a sudden.

There is something broke here Champion. 

Many thanks.

I'd mixed results myself last night,

Last night I'd mixed results, I went Searching for a MPC game & kept coming across the same guy who would boot me from his Lobby so I left it awhile & watched a couple of episodes of a show on Netflix & so after that I looked at the time & it was 1am my time (5 hours ahead of New York) so I said I'll give it another try & on my 2nd try this time I got a Random Game, I must not have been in my right mind as I accepted a 30 sec Clock! :O 

Ken

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:08 AM

Kenher01:

I'd mixed results myself last night,

Last night I'd mixed results, I went Searching for a MPC game & kept coming across the same guy who would boot me from his Lobby so I left it awhile & watched a couple of episodes of a show on Netflix & so after that I looked at the time & it was 1am my time (5 hours ahead of New York) so I said I'll give it another try & on my 2nd try this time I got a Random Game, I must not have been in my right mind as I accepted a 30 sec Clock! :O 

Ken

Better than me Buddy !!! I only wish I could get kicked outta of lobby lol....

My results on the launcher "had" always been same as wedge!! But I have given up looking I will wait and see if WGT ever address's this and gets it sorted.... SOMETHING is definitely wrong as I ALWAYS found games (In all the formats) on "Flash" with little to no effort...

JD.

• pedromcilroy
    15 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:40 AM

Agreed on all points, jumping thru hoops to set a shot up is BS, simplify like the old version. Am I the only one missing the replay and leaderboard while in game?  

• GolfClown3
    547 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 3:05 PM

Must agree, try ALL multiplayer options. Stroke, match, alt and skins have yet to find a game. Also when invited to alt game by friend and they say " got any greens ?" have yet to find a way to check without leaving the game !

Yes can understand takes while to program all these things but appears you just want this to be another 'mobile arcade game' and have no interest in getting the social side of it back up.

Come on please WGT there are loads of us waiting and hoping you can get it right. Also please do something about the chat box, even if only make it smaller. Damn thing hides whole screen and is so slow.

Vicky

RSS