Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 2:56 PM

skccvb:

wedge0837:

Cant find a game, cant find a game, cant find a game. What? How did this happen? Better yet, who let this happen? I have no use for coin games. Tourneys are boring. Single play is the new normal now? Hmm. Gonna be a long cold winter. 

There are a number of issues that need to be addressed to make it easier (as in flash days) to find a multiplayer game:

1) When setting a game, the friends list needs colors other than "green"

2) Players accepting invites for AS games MUST be ale to see who is available on their friends list

3) When a game invite is received, we need-

a) to answer it before it disappears, at least we need more than a couple seconds

b) there needs to be a "sound" invitees can hear, as in the flash game

It seems the "new" game designers are of a mind that only "Coin rooms" really matter as this is mobile-centric thinking, the "new" version of multi-player (match play, AS, stroke, skins) is simply an afterthought, and one not fully "thought through".

Hi,

Re a) if you happen to miss the Invite on the left where it pops up for a few seconds the invite will still be there at the bottom in red letters until either the Invite is retracted or the Lobby times out for the Setter

Ken

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 4:46 PM

goldputter3:

Random Alt games just spin forever now...this SUX  WGT... just sayin

YUP

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 7:01 PM

Kenher01:

Oh re my games, they were all prearranged with Friends & we were talking on Skype before we played & during

Ken

Then you can't possibly understand what the complaint is. 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 7:42 PM

wedge0837:
    Cant find a game, and I have no use for coin games.

Having tried for the last few hours off and on to get an AltShot or Stroke play game hasn't happened. I did  get one open that had the Apparl feature turned ON, so I quickly left. 

I see no point in playing the Coin rooms much, I tried them all to the tune of now 9Million of them(they are quite useless aren't they? lol) I can Rent some really nice WGT Club sets starting at a paltry2.5million Coins though. 

I played the heck out the of Showdowns before, always was a Finalist and won a free Ball, but I was always up against Tour Pro's and Tour Masters and odd speed greens and watching all these talented TourPros sink a 65foot putt on Slow7.4 greens. It kind of lost appeal many months ago. 

Still cant find a game though unless I play one of the aforementioned. Still cant find a game. Or havent seen an update yet....

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 1:37 AM

At this point I have given up searching or setting up games "randomly" like I've said I have yet to find even ONE game to join or when setting up a game I have never had even ONE player show up (Random player)...

Luckily like Ken I have 2  groups of fine friends that I play with using Skype ...That and single player Tourneys is all I have left...Boredom may start to set in soon but I hope not ...

I have no faith they will get the Random search thing figured out... My guess they don't even know it's a problem or how to fix it ...Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think games like Alt/shot, Skins, Match play and Regular multi player stroke were ever available on the mobile platform to begin with? And really that's all the Launcher is... The Mobile app made for a PC..

They haven't even acknowledged the Bracket issue which would seem to be an easy fix (Which I really enjoyed playing) ...So that's now removed from my  repertoire..

And the friends list issue not showing who is "ACTUALLY" available and not already playing in a game makes it near impossible to even set games and invite friends.... If not for Skype I would never have a multi player game with 4 players LOL But I have a lot of friends I use to play with that don't use Skype so the field is thin now...

JD

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 2:39 AM

YankeeJim:

Kenher01:

Oh re my games, they were all prearranged with Friends & we were talking on Skype before we played & during

Ken

Then you can't possibly understand what the complaint is. 

That was in response to someone re AS

As i said before re Multiplayer I can get Random MPC games with mixed results re time trying, sometimes a lot of waiting & sometimes pretty quick, just like it use to be on Flash

Ken

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 2:47 AM

JDGHOST:

At this point I have given up searching or setting up games "randomly" like I've said I have yet to find even ONE game to join or when setting up a game I have never had even ONE player show up (Random player)...

Luckily like Ken I have 2  groups of fine friends that I play with using Skype ...That and single player Tourneys is all I have left...Boredom may start to set in soon but I hope not ...

I have no faith they will get the Random search thing figured out... My guess they don't even know it's a problem or how to fix it ...Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think games like Alt/shot, Skins, Match play and Regular multi player stroke were ever available on the mobile platform to begin with? And really that's all the Launcher is... The Mobile app made for a PC..

They haven't even acknowledged the Bracket issue which would seem to be an easy fix (Which I really enjoyed playing) ...So that's now removed from my  repertoire..

And the friends list issue not showing who is "ACTUALLY" available and not already playing in a game makes it near impossible to even set games and invite friends.... If not for Skype I would never have a multi player game with 4 players LOL But I have a lot of friends I use to play with that don't use Skype so the field is thin now...

JD

Down the road, how far down the road, how many turns, stops!!? ;) WGTchampion has said there will eventually be full Crossplatform compatability between NV & Mobile as the Unity Game Engine permits this

To reiterate like JD has said a lot of CC's use Discord, Skype, Telegram, WhatsApp & or other Apps to arrange matches & communicate during matches.

Haven't used the latter two but highly recommend Discord (cos of the ability to control each person's volume individually) followed closely Skype

Ken

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 3:13 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    Just wondering, if you still get blown often in the mornings after, let's say 15 years of marriage? As in real life, here too things change. And, as in real life, one either adapts or moves on... :-;

Henry does but then again he has a horse.😁

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 4:44 AM

Re Friends on NV compared to Flash

If you remember we'd multiple options on Flash, Green (Available & or Available to Friends only), Red (Busy), Grey (Invisible) & Blue

Now on Flash if you were Green or Blue & you closed our Browser or had an Internet or Power Outage you would disappear from the Friends list & become Invisible/Grey

This is not the case on NV

If you are set as Online on NV & close the game you will remain as "Green"/Online on NV

But if you are Online & turn off PC after a few sec's you will go Offline automatically

Moral of the story is our Friends list would be cleaned up/easier to set games/invite Friends if we all used the Online/Offline function while the PC is on even if NV is closed

Ken

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 6:00 AM

Flash was the same way,if you were signed in and shown yourself as online and you just closed your browser you were still shown as online

RSS