Forums

Help › Forums

Looking for Active CC

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 13 2020 8:44 AM (5 replies)
  • MacDave33
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 3:03 PM

I am returning to WGT after an absence...although I have never played a lot on this platform. I am a better player than my level would indicate. I have played "3-click" style golf on the TW and Rory titles for as long as they have been around. I find the timing on WGT to be similar and I've taken to it quickly. 

Right now I'm a "Pro." My stroke average means nothing, because I play almost exclusively in match play. I suspect on a tough course with starter toys I'd struggle to shoot par, but I do fine on the 3 courses everyone likes to play. I still have starter clubs, but I am leveling up and tend to have some active rentals most of the time. 

My interest are hosted club tournaments and I would love to get into some alternate shot, while continuing my leveling through match play. 

Ideally I'd like to hook up with a larger CC that is willing to take on a "project" type player. I have always taken golf games seriously in that I take notes and I build calculators and such. Yet, I still look at it as a hobby. I play golf like some people run, the person I'm ultimately trying to be better than is myself!

I have recently retired from another on-line hobby that I used to invest 20-30 hours a week in (ever heard of Everquest?). So, I am looking to WGT to fill that open hobby slot for now. Just like I don't like "guild hoppers" in MMORPGs, I'm not looking to be a club hopper here. The ideal club will be social enough to tolerate my growth while being serious/competitive enough to keep me interested six months down the road. 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 8:26 PM

we have many things going on in our club. If you enjoy playing h2h we have that also in our discord room. 

Come take a look, if you like what you see, stay, if you don't, we wish you the best in your WGT journey.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/617336.aspx

• billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2020 12:51 PM

Hi Dave. The Bushwackers sounds like the perfect club for you. we have everything you have asked for and more. ceverett12 is the owner. Casey is one of the most respected country club owners on WGT. hope to see ya soon.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2020 4:51 PM
    Invitation to The Golf Masters Club sent. If you like what you see, we'd love to have you one board. If not, the best to you going forward.
  • Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 8:44 AM

Hi MacDave33,

Have a look at this forum post to see if anything interests you.  Read the testimonials as well.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/567497.aspx

RSS