Forums

Help › Forums

NEED HELP ...THIS IS A NEW ONE...

Thu, Jul 9 2020 2:29 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 11:47 AM

Can anyone shed some light on this one ....Below is the message I received from a member in my club.....

Hey JD, I can't see my friends list, any idea why. I get the following message where the list should be, I try switching to every available page and get the same thing. Help?

This is a secure (https) page.

Your game status and friend list are not available on secure pages. 

Thanks for any advice I can relay on.....(BTW of course he is a "Flash" player)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 12:17 PM

Is he manually allowing Flash on the unsecure pages? I'd tell him to clear the cache, log out and back on.

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 6:03 AM

YankeeJim:

Is he manually allowing Flash on the unsecure pages? I'd tell him to clear the cache, log out and back on.

Jim ....I relayed your response to him and in turn his answer was.......

It's a secured page, that's why the note indicates won't allow on a secured page. Yes I am manually allowing flash. I've tried clearing the cache several times, and logging out and back in, didn't help.

I'm doing nothing different then I've done all along. The only thing different I've noticed is when logging on there will be two buttons at the top and it will say log on through Facebook or continue wgt.com. I always continue on wgt.com. Frankly, I never wanted it linked to Facebook but I've never been able to figure out how to unlink it.

Gerry, mentioned he had the same issue and could only see the list on his profile page, that doesn't work for me either.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 7:53 AM

He  is trying to view his friends list on the CC page which is now a secure page. Tell him to go to WGT home page and view it there or the forum page. The friends list is available on both those pages. It is also available on your profile page as it and the other 2 are not a secure pages.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 7:58 AM

This is a direct link to the main forum

http://www.wgt.com/forums/TopicsActive.aspx?ForumID=-1

Have him copy/paste it in his browser and see if it makes a difference. Facebook might be causing some issue.

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 9:42 AM

I agree ...Thanks Jim!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 11:50 AM

borntobesting:
    He  is trying to view his friends list on the CC page which is now a secure page. Tell him to go to WGT home page and view it there or the forum page.

Read, Joe, he knows that. The way the guy's problem is worded, he's not getting an unsecure page anywhere. Sounds odd but apparently that's what he's seeing.

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 4:37 PM

Yes Jim that is correct .....He's getting the message "Everywhere" said he has changed nothing and did nothing different ....He's pretty bright (I think LOL) and he's been on this game long enough ....basically the issue just start 2 days ago... "Out of Left-field"....

JD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 4:53 PM

Maybe all his friends ditched him and he has nothing to look at.  Doh!  ;-)

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 6:25 PM

• PAGES
RSS