Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 6/9/20 ***

Mon, Jun 15 2020 2:49 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 2:59 PM

Hi everyone,

We will have a downtime tonight starting at 10pm PDT. Expected downtime is 2 hours.

Happy hitting,

-WGTicon

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 3:24 PM

Would you fix the forum/profile 'style' issue please.

Or at least explain to us why you removed/broke it.

Thank you.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 4:25 PM

LOL. Whatsamattahyou, Scott. They all about the new version now, you ain't getting nuttin' fixed on PC version.  :-D

(Sure would love to be wrong.)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 5:00 PM

ScottHope:

+1

So many things aren't being properly displayed on this website that you can't even list them all.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 2:38 AM

So... anyone noticed any change(s)? Nothing's got fixed AFAICT.

• boozinn
    16 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 2:42 AM

we  cant  get  a  skins  game  going   its  world  glitch  tour  tonite...dont  know  what  you  did  but  you  stuffed  it  right  up

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 4:20 AM

On twitter it says 'maintenance updates'. Yup, your guess is as good as mine.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 6:21 AM

ScottHope:

Just the regular pre-Clash downtime I assume. 

I added my voice to the chorus of disapproval regarding the forum formatting changes by writing to CS last week. I also asked them why they have changed all of each country club's pages to 'secure', so that friends lists and statuses can no longer be seen:

"I was wondering if you could explain why the majority of each Country Club's pages are now designated as secure (https) pages? As I'm sure you understand it is unhelpful not to be able to see which of your clubmates are even online or their status when you are anywhere in your CC's tournament pages or forum."

Usually they are pretty good at responding to queries, but this time it was clear that whoever replied hadn't really bothered to read what I had written at all: 

"This is a notification from your browser. I assure you that the website is secure and can be trusted for any payments and data. The reason you see this notification is simply because our web address uses http:// instead of https://.You are not going to have your data stolen and your PC is not at any risk. Have a great day."

They didn't even mention the formatting issues. :(

I did get some enjoyment replying to their "How would you rate the support you received?" email that came the next day though...

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 8:09 AM

So much for customer care Nigel. : (

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 12:08 PM

I am reluctant to bash WGT CS because they have always been responsive, and they do try.  But I truly believe in the matters of the HTTPS pages and forum post formatting, they simply don't understand what the issues are, or what we're asking.

• PAGES
RSS