Forums

Help › Forums

Absent CC Owners

Wed, May 27 2020 6:54 PM (4 replies)
  • Steelhouse
    110 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 9:14 PM

What is the discretion of WGT in regards to CC Owners that have not come back or any other officer of a CC?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 11:15 AM

Steelhouse:

What is the discretion of WGT in regards to CC Owners that have not come back or any other officer of a CC?

I'm sorry Steelhouse. Your owner has not played since 2017 and there are no directors.

It's a dead club. I would leave that one and find a new club.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 12:25 PM

Your only recourse is to stay where you are currently at, join a different more active club, or start your own club. Many owners give up on the game and don’t transfer ownership before they leave. It’s unfortunate but there is not much you can do about it.

Look in the country club corner, there are many active clubs that post in there.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 6:42 PM

Invitation to an active club sent. If you like what you see, we'd be very happy to have you on board.

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2020 6:54 PM

Steelhouse:

It's a good question and a recurring issue, and I have been through it.

WGT's position is they cannot transfer ownership without approval of the owner.  Period!!!  I discussed this in great detail with WGT at the time.

In our case, owner was gone for over a year, the club was dying, only the owner had the permission to admit new members.  Thankfully, directors had ability to send club-wide messages.

So after a year, the directors decided to kill the club and start a new one.  It took us 5 months to round most of the members up and grow the club back up.

We also have a succession plan because of that ... so if I drop dead, the club continues.  (And I wasn't original owner so it's working.)  

We started Black Diamond GC out of the ashes 6 years ago and we are thriving.

Tom.

RSS