Forums

Help › Forums

Imma gonna vent a little

Thu, Oct 1 2020 6:51 AM (27 replies)
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 5:54 PM

DonCaron:

Forget coin games and join a club, make friends and just simply play each other.

Your club mates won't quit on you.

In a club :)

H2H isn’t as frequent as you would think

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 7:20 PM

Jeff1172LD:
    Or make a coins for credits exchange. 1000 coins = 1 credit.

Many thought of it and suggested to WGT but it will never happen because the H2H coin room matches have (also) been badly abused by exploiters who now have an absurd amount of silver coins doing so.

I'm sure WGT initially had a specific plan for silver coins, but now it's probably called off for good due to the abuse.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2020 5:42 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Jeff1172LD:
    Or make a coins for credits exchange. 1000 coins = 1 credit.

Many thought of it and suggested to WGT but it will never happen because the H2H coin room matches have (also) been badly abused by exploiters who now have an absurd amount of silver coins doing so.

I'm sure WGT initially had a specific plan for silver coins, but now it's probably called off for good due to the abuse.

i agree with this.  you see it during turfwars where players would arrange to play each other and gain turfwar points for the club.  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2020 11:27 AM

Coins allow you to play in higher coin rooms when you are trying to win turf wars , which in turn produce super passes for,the clash. Also used to upgrade apparel and the higher your apparel the better the rewards from that apparel. 
    when same team members meet in the same coin room during a,turf war , they do not win the coins that go towards that turf war , only for themselves. 

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2020 4:57 AM

@pdiehm,i agree 100% with your suggestion for a nine hole room above shanghai. This is sorely needed! Think of the great matches that could be played from the back tees for nine holes,rather than these nonesense 3and 1 hole matches. Just my opinion as i really prefer playing nine holes,as i think the better player will normally win.

• Jeff1172LD
    271 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 6:16 AM

Hi DonCaron,

I was lucky. I had asked a question on the general country club forum, and JD replied, and invited me to join The Founders Club.

I absolutely love it. I have yet to play against anyone, but that's been kind of due to wanting to improve my game a bit, so as not to slow others down.

I love playing in the CC tournaments, even though I am generally at the bottom of the leaderboard :)

Jeff

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2020 4:42 AM

Jeff1172LD:

Hi DonCaron,

I was lucky. I had asked a question on the general country club forum, and JD replied, and invited me to join The Founders Club.

I absolutely love it. I have yet to play against anyone, but that's been kind of due to wanting to improve my game a bit, so as not to slow others down.

I love playing in the CC tournaments, even though I am generally at the bottom of the leaderboard :)

Jeff

I'm with you Jeff.  I'll play against anyone...any time...on almost any course (NOT Merion, that thing needs to be blown up).  I played against AussieMick and got my ass humbled, as I was playing extremely well at the time.  

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 3:27 AM

Agree pdiehm about forfeiting. Level 104 Tour Pro says it all though. He/she doesn’t want to learn. At least they forfeited and didn’t close the app leaving you hanging for 5 minutes.

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 9:56 AM

I don't particularly like playing friends because then I'm expected to chat. My favorite way to play a game is to play Shanghai (preferably Merion, Pebble, Oakmont. Congressional, or St. Andrew's.) and the only chat is gl at the start and gg at the end. 

• TimK560
    45 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2020 9:31 AM

Playing mobile it is hard to type. I'd rather not. It just gets in the way. 

RSS