Forums

Help › Forums

Imma gonna vent a little

Thu, Oct 1 2020 6:51 AM (27 replies)
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 5:14 PM

The coin room forfeits...I understand completely.  I get it...but if you are a level 104 tour pro....why do you forfeit after 3 shots?  

for example, I am chatty.  Will say hey...good luck, hit em straight or something usually.

anyhow, if I am playing well, I can hang/beat anyone...I am surprised so few players take the time to pick the brains of their opponent.  I will help anyone, and I have also picked the brains of guys who are beating my brain in to get tips.  

but back to the forfeit..If you are a level 104 tour pro, just play it out, ask questions.  Maybe others won’t help, but I will, as much as I can in :45.

any time anyone wants to play 9, I am strictly mobile....hit me up and let’s do it.

pdiehm 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 5:40 PM

pdiehm:

The coin room forfeits...I understand completely.  I get it...but if you are a level 104 tour pro....why do you forfeit after 3 shots?  

for example, I am chatty.  Will say hey...good luck, hit em straight or something usually.

anyhow, if I am playing well, I can hang/beat anyone...I am surprised so few players take the time to pick the brains of their opponent.  I will help anyone, and I have also picked the brains of guys who are beating my brain in to get tips.  

but back to the forfeit..If you are a level 104 tour pro, just play it out, ask questions.  Maybe others won’t help, but I will, as much as I can in :45.

any time anyone wants to play 9, I am strictly mobile....hit me up and let’s do it.

pdiehm 

L-104 Tour Pro is sad. They got to do something about about these coin games. 

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 9:09 PM

pdiehm:

pdiehm 

At least you got to take 3 shots

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 11:36 PM

I only play H2H one-hole coin games for apparel bonuses (boni? anyways) . If I accidentally go into a 3-hole or 9-hole coin game, I explain it was a mistake, apologize to my opponent and withdraw so that he gets the coins he deserves.

I, however, don't expect others do the same because if you do, you only get disappointed most of times. Most players don't care, just quit... maybe thinking he will never see you again.

Whenever I play H2H, I hope for the best and expect the least.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 4:36 AM

I had 3 yesterday quit after their first shot that landed in the rough or a sand trap.  

don't get me wrong, i like the coins, the quick games for the apparel bonus (trying to get my driver hat and glove to level 10)....but at the end of the day, I just want to play 9 holes.  I wish there was a room over Shanghai (and not Monaco) that was a full 9 holes...3 holes is just a crap shoot for me as it takes me a hole or 2 to get a feel for the wind and green.

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 9:52 AM

I don't understand the point of coins. I played coin rooms quite a bit as the PCEA version came in, and I assumed at some point I'd see value in coins. Nothing. I really only go in their now to warm up or test a ball, or play a Showdown. Aside from that, it seems like a waste of time and money.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 10:17 AM

sammey1:

I don't understand the point of coins. I played coin rooms quite a bit as the PCEA version came in, and I assumed at some point I'd see value in coins. Nothing. I really only go in their now to warm up or test a ball, or play a Showdown. Aside from that, it seems like a waste of time and money.

There is no purpose for the coins other than to rent clubs.  I play Shanghai only (unless showdown) because i want to play 9 and it's hard to find someone in the club or on the friends list available to play 9 at the same time.  

Sometimes I'll go an just work on things, such as fades/draws or punches.  If I lose, I lose.  i have more than enough coins.  

• GrindNGamble
    14 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 11:27 AM

If I am on a sponsorship and it's clear I can't win I'll forfeit just so I can try and get more games in (The Bronze pack only pays 1 item so isn't really worth waiting around for).

Other than that, I always play through. One thing I still don't understand is what trees you can hit through and which you can't, so I'm hoping to learn that by seeing where others just go through them. 

• Jeff1172LD
    271 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 1:51 PM

As a newer player (within a month) I also have had people quit on me. Today, one quit going into the 3rd hole (in a 3 hole match), when he/she was only down 1 stroke.

I wish I could give my coins to my CC.

Or make a coins for credits exchange. 1000 coins = 1 credit.

Something.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 5:25 PM

Forget coin games and join a club, make friends and just simply play each other.

Your club mates won't quit on you.

RSS