Help › Forums

Distance help

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 2 2020 2:59 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • OGFerg
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2020 2:24 AM

So I have very sound calculations for just about all of my shots... which is something I'm proud of (Just cant judge crosswinds and hit the ding as well as I'd like lol). I was playing the WGT nation single play @ Royal St George and just about all of my shots fell ~5% shorter than I'd typically go for. So I did the CTTH event @ Royal St George which had similar conditions and it plays right on the money. My question is, are some events calibrated differently than others?

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2020 7:56 AM

seems to be within a reasonable error margin to me.  Even if you hit a real shot on the nuts 3 straight times, there's doing to be a small margin of variability.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2020 9:48 AM

I don't play CTTH often, but it has been my observation that many of them play completely different than stroke play. The game plays very consistent if you learn all the shots on all the holes, but it is not always consistent trying to play the same shot on different holes. For example, you can hit a shot exactly 150 yards with a full swing on one course/hole, and it will not necessarily play that exact same distance on another course/hole in a similar situation. Calculations will get you close, but notes on how individual holes play will get you much closer.

Brett

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2020 1:10 PM

BPeterson8256:

I don't play CTTH often, but it has been my observation that many of them play completely different than stroke play. The game plays very consistent if you learn all the shots on all the holes, but it is not always consistent trying to play the same shot on different holes. For example, you can hit a shot exactly 150 yards with a full swing on one course/hole, and it will not necessarily play that exact same distance on another course/hole in a similar situation. Calculations will get you close, but notes on how individual holes play will get you much closer.

Brett

Your observations are mostly correct B, the problem is 1/3 of the holes play a little short, and 1/3 of them play long. The trick is to know which holes play what lol. In reality, I think the VEM is a hair different for all of us, ya just never know what a shot is going to give us! It's all in the putting!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 9:24 AM

claremoreblue:

BPeterson8256:

Brett

Your observations are mostly correct B, the problem is 1/3 of the holes play a little short, and 1/3 of them play long. The trick is to know which holes play what lol. In reality, I think the VEM is a hair different for all of us, ya just never know what a shot is going to give us! It's all in the putting!

+ 1

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 10:05 AM

claremoreblue:
    I think the VEM is a hair different for all of us, ya just never know what a shot is going to give us! It's all in the putting!

This is exactly it. VEM depends on the individual's input and adjusts accordingly whereas putting is all you.  :-)

OG-"So I have very sound calculations for just about all of my shots"........do you know the carry of all of your clubs? Makes a big difference where the ball lands, especially at RSG.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 10:18 AM

YankeeJim:

claremoreblue:
    I think the VEM is a hair different for all of us, ya just never know what a shot is going to give us! It's all in the putting!

This is exactly it. VEM depends on the individual's input and adjusts accordingly whereas putting is all you.  :-)

OG-"So I have very sound calculations for just about all of my shots"........do you know the carry of all of your clubs? Makes a big difference where the ball lands, especially at RSG.

Excellent Question. I try and use the Top Tracer for that.

The new game is much different on roll than flash though. I have to Re-Map the clubs on Unity

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 11:32 AM

Trying a different route, and I don't know about this stuff, but isn't this about apparel?Something like it doesn't work in the weekly tournaments, I only ask as he looks like he uses it.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 11:32 AM

Oops.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 1:11 PM

DodgyPutter:

Trying a different route, and I don't know about this stuff, but isn't this about apparel?Something like it doesn't work in the weekly tournaments, I only ask as he looks like he uses it.

I think he does also. I don't use any of that, I have driver distance and Forgiveness on. Everything else is shut off.

• PAGES
RSS