Forums

Help › Forums

Tier Progression

Sun, Jun 4 2023 5:55 PM (103 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 9:56 AM

billsmini10:
    Some hole's approach angle have changed drastically from the 2nd tee back to the 3rd tee back.

PureGro1:
    I believe it is mainly due to hitting a larger club with a different trajectory.

It is mainly due to the offset of the newer tee boxes.  On most Par 3s, the different tee boxes are not in a straight line with each other.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 11:33 AM

PureGro1:

billsmini10:
    is the angle of approach changes for most tee shots, and some holes feel really different than before moving back to these tees. Now I find myself clicking on the distance marker, just to see the new angle where my ball will land (assuming a straight shot). Some hole's approach angle have changed drastically from the 2nd tee back to the 3rd tee back.

Yes it does, I believe it is mainly due to hitting a larger club with a different trajectory. Your FW shots change this way also due to having a longer approach to green and hitting a larger club than your used to.

My understanding of what they are saying seems to differ to what others think.

The angles of par 3's and approaches aren't really affected as, outwith adjusting for wind, they are straight lines.  You may choose not to aim at the pin but that's a separate issue.

Where the angle of shot changes is from the tee as the tee shot is often not played on the straight line between the tee and pin.  I think BB 1 and PB 1 are good examples of this, less distance will change the angle of the tee shot considerably.

Sorry if this is wrong,   

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 12:16 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Sorry if this is wrong,

I dunno if there is a "wrong" on a thread like this, Up to each player how they interpret input and how they view these shots- perspective, exp, terminology all kinda come into play here- someone may disagree and say its wrong, but I just dont see a wrong answer to something like this...Its not black or white.

• RLSinOP
    221 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 8:09 AM

I have an update on tier advancement.  I was a TL with the required number of Ranked Rounds to advance (minimum of 750 at TL tier).  My Average was 56.7'ish and then started dropping dramatically meaning that my Average was saturated.  But I had not advanced to Champion tier.  The first time my average went below 56.0, I advanced.

It seems that the threshnold to Champion tier has been changed from below 59 to below 56.  It would be very (VERY) conicedential if that weren't the case.

RLSinOP 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 12:21 PM

RLSinOP:

I have an update on tier advancement.  I was a TL with the required number of Ranked Rounds to advance (minimum of 750 at TL tier).  My Average was 56.7'ish and then started dropping dramatically meaning that my Average was saturated.  But I had not advanced to Champion tier.  The first time my average went below 56.0, I advanced.

It seems that the [threshold] to Champion tier has been changed from below 59 to below 56.  It would be very (VERY) [coincidental] if that weren't the case.

RLSinOP 

The threshold for tiering up to Champion has not changed. 

Not every Ranked Round counts toward saturation.  Rounds played on Par 3s, Par 5s, and custom courses will be included in your total ranked rounds, but will not count toward saturation.  My guess is that you had the requisite average (below 59.00), but weren't saturated.  Once you became saturated, you immediately tiered up.

• mrmp1
    534 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 4:14 PM

I finally reached Tour Champ i sure needed  a bunch of 28's & 27's to get rid  of the 290. my avg was 55.29 Now I am sorry if i missed it  but  my question is how many ranked rounds do I need to play to get saturated I thought 100 but a friend said 200    

MEL

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 4:30 PM

mrmp1:
    a friend said 200

I used the search bar, and looked at many threads that dealt with saturation. The only thing that seems to be of common agreement is that, at Tour Champion, saturation is 200 ranked rounds.

This was confirmed by a few who kept track of their rounds after tiering up to TC. So, your friend appears to be correct.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 5:16 PM

mrmp1:

I finally reached Tour Champ i sure needed  a bunch of 28's & 27's to get rid  of the 290. my avg was 55.29 Now I am sorry if i missed it  but  my question is how many ranked rounds do I need to play to get saturated I thought 100 but a friend said 200    

MEL

Your last ranked round posted score in your history was on 8-6-2022 and then a bunch of coin room 0s.  When did you actually advance to TC?

• mrmp1
    534 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 8:39 PM

Thanks for the info Miss Hamden 

• mrmp1
    534 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 8:50 PM

I am guessing about 3 weeks ago when I reached T C atm I have 83  ranked rds  I play at least  2 9 hole stroke games every morning not counting cc tnys With the aggrevation of finding players I dont waste my time anymore and play a few coin room games 

MEL

RSS