Forums

Help › Forums

Tier Progression

Sun, Jun 4 2023 5:55 PM (103 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 7:00 PM

Cicero733:
    WGT has told me twice that none of the BOP 3, 4, nor 5 count as ranked rounds. I always thought the BOP 4’s counted, but evidently not.

Whoever from WGT told you that had it wrong. Best of Par 4s count toward average. Going back to Master tier, I recorded my rounds in a spreadsheet. Best of Par 4s, Best of Hardest, and Best of Famous affected my average.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 7:41 PM

Yes those rounds affected my average as well. However they did not add anything to my ranked rounds total. That’s why I asked them about it and was informed as I stated above. It’s really strange.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 7:44 PM

Well, I guess I never looked closely enough to see if they added to my ranked rounds. I was always well over the number of required ranked rounds when I tiered up.

I agree. That's strange they would count toward average but not be included in number of ranked rounds. I know par 3s and par 5s are included in the number of ranked rounds in a player's stats.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2022 7:52 AM

I’m with you…totally confuses me.

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2022 11:11 PM

I honestly don't know why wgt cannot "Add in" a counter, when you level up, to inform you of your next goal. So to speak.

Incentive is a great seller.

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2022 11:13 PM

I honestly don't know why wgt cannot "Add in" a counter, when you level up, to inform you of your next goal. So to speak.

Incentive is a great seller.

P.s  This post,like all my others, even after 12 years, still goes through "moderation". lol

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2022 2:47 PM

I just Tiered up to Master after playing 3 games in Chelsae coin room. I know it has been mentioned here in the forum about coin rooms advancing one's tier level. I just have not played coin rooms for a very long time, (mostly practice rounds for me lately). I have been trying lately to get some apparel upgraded, and it is very expensive to try to upgrade apparel using the Pro Shop's daily offerings for apparel that influences your abilities.

billsmini10

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2022 6:41 AM

more cost effective to just play sponsorship apparel rounds. 30 minute blocks. can do it for free every 6 hours. 

now if you're trying to get rare or epics upgraded it's a long grinding process. 

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2022 5:33 PM

Thank you Mythanatos for the tip. I have been playing sponsorship rounds and got 3 items of apparel to the next level.

But my primary reason for replying is because I didn't want to start a new thread about tiering up.

As everyone knows, when you move back to longer tees the distance to drive and even par 3's become longer. I expected this to occur.

But what surprised me the most by moving back to longer tees, is the angle of approach changes for most tee shots, and some holes feel really different than before moving back to these tees. Now I find myself clicking on the distance marker, just to see the new angle where my ball will land (assuming a straight shot). Some hole's approach angle have changed drastically from the 2nd tee back to the 3rd tee back.

Just an observation, billsmini10

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 8:37 AM

billsmini10:
    is the angle of approach changes for most tee shots, and some holes feel really different than before moving back to these tees. Now I find myself clicking on the distance marker, just to see the new angle where my ball will land (assuming a straight shot). Some hole's approach angle have changed drastically from the 2nd tee back to the 3rd tee back.

Yes it does, I believe it is mainly due to hitting a larger club with a different trajectory. Your FW shots change this way also due to having a longer approach to green and hitting a larger club than your used to.

RSS