Help › Forums

Tier Progression

Sun, Jun 4 2023 5:55 PM (103 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 11:23 AM

Robert1893:

Alpick1:

This table is out of date,,,or never been working that way. Im a Tour Legend, I have 1273 ranked rounds played with an avg. of 55,39 and I’m still glued at Tour Legend since a while now…Dunnno what is the WGT Tier up system but its definitely not fair for ranked rounders. I saw many many Coin roomers at Champ and even Tour Champ with NO nor very little amount or ranked rounds played….Go figure !!

For those who follow the ranked-rounds approach, the table on page 1 is correct. The thing to remember is the numbers of rounds listed are the number of rounds for that tier. 

For example, to move to Champion from TL, you need 750 rounds at TL. It also must be remembered that par 3s, par 5s, and custom courses don’t count toward average or saturation. But those rounds are included in the ranked rounds number in stats.

I hope this helps.  

The thing people forget is the ranked rounds resets to zero when you tier up.  It amazes me this is so confusing for some.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 11:58 AM

pmm711:
    The thing people forget is the ranked rounds resets to zero when you tier up.  It amazes me this is so confusing for some.

It does seem to happen quite a bit. I think part of the problem is people don't take the time to read things carefully. I see this all the time.

Recently, I sent an email to our Registrar's Office to increase the cap size of a course. Both in the subject line and in the body of the email, I wrote "increase cap to 20."

I got this email response: "What do you want the new cap for the course to be?"

I simply replied "20." 

In this particular case, unlike other charts that have been posted over the years, this one doesn't include the verbiage about ranked rounds being minimum number at that tier. 

What amazes me is when players assume the information is wrong because it doesn't appear to fit their situation. It doesn't seem to occur to them that their understanding might be somehow incomplete. 

• Alpick1
    69 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 5:15 PM

Well Thanks for the information, I wasn’t aware that the number of ranked rounds needed to level up  is from where you taken your actual Tier…Actually this information seems suffering of some confusing and distortion throughout the WGT community, maybe because the exact information released isn’t clear enough or maybe because its hard to find (I have search on wgt site and never find it from wgt themselves except on forums and even there, I found all kind of interpretations…For example that table on Page 1 didn’t explain it at all, its just an example of what I mean…Now its clear enough !

• Trtr30
    32 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 6:31 PM

pmm711:

I can see how some might get confused given that the average score resets when you tier up.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 8:50 PM

Robert1893:

Recently, I sent an email to our Registrar's Office to increase the cap size of a course. Both in the subject line and in the body of the email, I wrote "increase cap to 20."

I got this email response: "What do you want the new cap for the course to be?"

I simply replied "20." 

DUDE...you can't make this chit up...Love it!  LMFAO...simply superb!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 6:05 AM

😀

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 8:25 AM

Alpick1:

Well Thanks for the information, I wasn’t aware that the number of ranked rounds needed to level up  is from where you taken your actual Tier…Actually this information seems suffering of some confusing and distortion throughout the WGT community, maybe because the exact information released isn’t clear enough or maybe because its hard to find (I have search on wgt site and never find it from wgt themselves except on forums and even there, I found all kind of interpretations…For example that table on Page 1 didn’t explain it at all, its just an example of what I mean…Now its clear enough !

You're correct. It can be confusing. That's especially so because there are multiple ways to tier up, and it's been up to the community to figure out the numbers. For whatever reason, WGT has always refused to list the criteria. Makes no sense to me. But that is WGT.

Additionally, over the years, the criteria have changed. For example, the number for saturation at Tour Legend used to be 200; it's now 750. For Champion, it also used to be 200. Now, it's 1,000 (unless the player was already at Champion tier prior to them opening up Tour Champion tier).  

It also can be confusing because some players post information that is incorrect. I don't believe they do it purposefully. They're just unaware the information they have is incorrect. They could be going off old numbers, a misunderstanding of the numbers, or just be plain wrong. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 9:56 AM

I see one, even two clear reasons for the company's silence.

They have always made black hole-like secrets out of their business details - the evil competitors are right at their door steps!

And, tiering up, as well as levelling up, is easy-peasy in the beginning but it becomes harder at each step. It's better for them to maintain the mist of secrecy on these subjects so that their clients do not see the massive grind evolving to move up. And, our grind is money for our hosts!

Transparency is why I gave so much energy to the reference tables for the levels and was always interested in the tiering details. Alas, these have become too complicated by now.

This is not to say that it is illegitimate, but it's a business model nonetheless, and successful!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 12:29 PM

pdb1:
    Sorry R . I just didn't like the implications. Surprised to even see it mentioned.

I don't think I "implied" anything. I stated facts, which should be fairly uncontroversial. People have posted incorrect information. That's a factually true statement. Also true are the following:

It's unlikely they did it purposefully. Some of the reasons why the information was incorrect could be (a) the information they had was outdated, (b) they misinterpreted the information the had, or (c) they were just plain wrong.

I'm not quite sure what there is to like or dislike. I suppose I could have added that confusion enters when someone reads the incorrect information and does not see the corrected information. Or they read both and cannot determine who is actually correct.

Regardless many times on these boards, we've seen players have the same misunderstanding this player had. It's common. Besides, no concept is confusing to the person who understands it. 😀

RSS