Forums

Help › Forums

Tier Progression

Sun, Jun 4 2023 5:55 PM (103 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 2:50 PM

Imahacker58:

Up until tour legend I believe players may advance tiers based on them beating higher ranked players in coin rooms, but after that ranked rounds are the main criteria. Just jump into the coin rooms and knock off a few legends, happens to me all the time.

Or you can set up a few easy tournaments in your country club to lower your average quickly, which appears to be the method a lot of players prefer for tier advancement. 

Actually, playing coin rooms, a player can advance all the way to Tour Champion and have played few (if any) ranked rounds. I once saw a TC with 6 ranked rounds. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 2:53 PM

BStreetSouljah2:

I don't get it. I'm level 88. Tour Pro. 52 ranked rounds 69.42 average.

I just played a Master. Level 55. 57 ranked rounds and a 75.xx average.

What am I missing here to advance? 

I've seen many Master and Tour Master with worse average.

Once you move up to the next tier, your average resets.  It's possible that the Master you played just recently moved up to that tier and hasn't played very many ranked rounds at their new tier yet.  

• Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 11:08 PM

Robert1893:
    Actually, playing coin rooms, a player can advance all the way to Tour Champion and have played few (if any) ranked rounds. I once saw a TC with 6 ranked rounds

wow, tour legend is the highest I’ve seen, thanks for that. Every time I look up champions and TCs stats theyve played thousands of rounds, I’m up to around 1800 and 2500-3000 will probably see me out.

• Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 11:08 PM

Robert1893:
    Actually, playing coin rooms, a player can advance all the way to Tour Champion and have played few (if any) ranked rounds. I once saw a TC with 6 ranked rounds

wow, tour legend is the highest I’ve seen, thanks for that. Every time I look up champions and TCs stats theyve played thousands of rounds, I’m up to around 1800 and 2500-3000 will probably see me out.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 11:38 PM

I think it doesnt effect so much at higher tiers...but lower more. Theres a lot players in tour master, master tier...no ranked rounds. 

• Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 8:04 AM

Just a word to the wise. If honesty and integrity are important to you, be careful not to tier up by playing easy-peasy games or playing with a higher tier friend who purposely blows the game to help you tier up. Unfortunately, I did some of that (not the latter) and wish I haden't. When I tiered up to TC, I tried to reset my average near 59 where it should be but couldn't so now I find myself struggling to compete at my tier level. When I am consistently shooting -7 or better on challenging 9 hole courses, and I will, I expect I'll feel better about myself.

• Alpick1
    69 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 6:53 PM

This table is out of date,,,or never been working that way. Im a Tour Legend, I have 1273 ranked rounds played with an avg. of 55,39 and I’m still glued at Tour Legend since a while now…Dunnno what is the WGT Tier up system but its definitely not fair for ranked rounders. I saw many many Coin roomers at Champ and even Tour Champ with NO nor very little amount or ranked rounds played….Go figure !!

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 8:44 AM

Alpick1:

This table is out of date,,,or never been working that way. Im a Tour Legend, I have 1273 ranked rounds played with an avg. of 55,39 and I’m still glued at Tour Legend since a while now…Dunnno what is the WGT Tier up system but its definitely not fair for ranked rounders. I saw many many Coin roomers at Champ and even Tour Champ with NO nor very little amount or ranked rounds played….Go figure !!

It's 750 RR from when you make TL , not total 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 8:45 AM

Alpick1:

For those who follow the ranked-rounds approach, the table on page 1 is correct. The thing to remember is the numbers of rounds listed are the number of rounds for that tier. 

For example, to move to Champion from TL, you need 750 rounds at TL. It also must be remembered that par 3s, par 5s, and custom courses don’t count toward average or saturation. But those rounds are included in the ranked rounds number in stats.

I hope this helps.  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 9:13 AM

When you tier up it’s always a good idea to take a note from your stats , how many ranked rounds you have. Like Robert says , it’s not the total number you have recorded that counts it’s the number in that particular tier , so 1273 total , is in all likelihood nowhere near enough to tier up yet. Just play and enjoy , there is no great advantage to move up the tiers , when you are at the level you are.

RSS