Forums

Help › Forums

Is this WGT's oldest active player?

Mon, Aug 8 2022 7:05 PM (177 replies)
  • pdb1
    23,503 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 9:56 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    LOL No, I meant more like... I dunno... a Gold Putter, unlimited supply of balls of his/her choice, Amazon Gift Card worth $1,000, etc.

I couldn't agree more . But I feel that there are many milestones and accomplishments and achievements and records that individual players and CC's have been doing all along that are worthy of those prizes or rewards or whatever you want to call them .I think WGT dropped the ball years ago by not incorporating just rewards into the results .

I consider trophies , awards .

I just randomly picked 12 years plus . To hopefully minimize the trophies I would be making lol .

• pdb1
    23,503 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 10:23 PM

Running List 263 KICK ASS TRAILBLAZERS .

DSCHOM5

IRISHKING1916

FUZZYGAZZ

THUNDERBIRD

PUTTER2EYES

BONZ

2DWN

More added . here .

CLAREMOREBLUE ,

GARYK49 .

BERYMAN

MMILLINGS

VABIGHACK

ICONIAN

KYROCK75

BOLLOXINBRUGES

JEFFDOS924

TATERNATER

KASLO

COLUMBUS STORM

KURTSBUFORD

JrPapa

DaveDwingdale

opyeuclid

JJ656

RichJohn

Bradness

KnuckleWoods

MrEd

tygerjr

overtheedge

woogster

Iceats

mohaviegreen

brysoni23

JimbeauC

YankeeJim

MrCaddie

Derjohvan

Shephard

RyanKCantrell

sligocreek

Rayc1

Darrell3210

derjohvan

gr8flbob

lyznat

Golfspieler

gtownmohawkS

alturner3

gregorywinbush

olazabal

Kosberg

MADMAN17

mgsvz

Hightower3

BigKnight

poolmaniac6

tseeqhim

headhacker

Jerm65

GOLFHAWK

deeez-nutts

Bigmuggsy

KennyPerry

dharby

bluey403

yzermn

NCJacket11

JuanMendoza

jobycat

spozz1

ThreeSpot

Joeyola

KevinKO

zagraniczniak

borntobesting

PugsAce

bassomatic

BIGAL123

Fubar057

BeRite

harmonator

Badboo

shu1

Psalms139

hammertrucking

dennisd567

Badboo

denissca

LuisPinto

pawof2

shonkster

la1state

ggeshaper1

rockcityman

SeattleSue

Lgacord

Tcushman

Klickweltmeister

Stevieg314

Stip

Bogeyplus

Rightin

Ironton

smittji

PRIESTESS

marcbgd

Dave1953

PainterDude

shellersperk

herbrayles

bwander

Redemporor

duffer5150

BogeyOne

sfcoquille

umgant11

Zumavon

fishing4eagle

Gertau

Sifu2U

VIJAYBIRDEE
    607papa
    tonyb2004
    thestevster
    cmurphy1
    Duke007style
    tpgunn
    THEMASTER1
    adamsaid
    dkgunte
    Pauldriver
    teebank
    charly01
    tigerthriller
    gowaylo
    TarheelsRule

S00NERorL8r
    simovoice
    cappiest
    Trinbagoboy

TMcCracken
    proeng71
    biggunky
    golfer420
    bigcountry317

inkep1962

rc7777itsme

Oaktown
    donsprintr
    T8erSalad
    KeithJ2008
    JMH1 2009
     vrooomed
    plg1
    korion450
    xxblueeyesxx
    one1255
    CaptMick
    doccowart

SexyEric
    Muddywaterman
    TDHarvey

pekk24
    Finks
    gavd999

dano691
    bfrogers60
    ItsAboutTimeGuy

wayne5347

TWilliamsJr

Golfdawg01
    Naugahyde
    bigdan1000
    Arpie

chrrec

COSMOS2K8
    DaTurk

chemmy

MoldSouvenir
    norden

TigerBerni

Rudi299

Wiggywiggy
    marco680

fisgum
    Wynndogg

Lasky1979
    mreddy
    Greengene66

Huysamen

Muokdog

gallegos832

rdoug

igiveup
    Cotton949
    Thejazzman
    SteveOx

fjtuba
    mustang71
    morceau

jkline49

roxburyhellboy
    Stumpstaa

baseline527

JLadenburg

Icemanrr2003
    RABky
    flicklives
    AYUMI
    pauldickson

makaveliveson
    shooter21947
    BIGDAWG72
    momyma
    Jesusdyd4u
    kjmurphy21
    tomtoms
    skate82

kardinal
    ozysouthpaw

reddog1965
    Guzz612

toyl

Windmarkbob
    JerodBolt

cardura9

ds813
    nofear2
    DavidWooten
    DEVIOUSDAV
    Radawg

solmax18

Bruen
    luquitas04

poptart802

Toadman5052
    DrJ101
    bagman110
    johnbohner

PGOODY
    budman58
    welder1

Diego902
    warnerpowered

zabelingreen
    SteveLuzzatto
    howard1974

McBall
    2LURIDE

dansamcam

eivets

PortsD
    pauls

CASH11
    JohnHancock
    alangardner

CONGRATS to you TRAILBLAZERS .

Now I'm thinking the criteria to be prior to 2010 .

click here to see

I'm pretty psyched to have come up with 20 so far . I am sure there are a lot more .

lol I just found 20 more, I wouldn't be surprised if I come up with 200 or 2000 .

Just found this .

Earliest member?

• RoggRR
    531 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 2:55 AM

One of my CC friends is WGT member since january 2008. He still plays every day (last several years, as far as I know) 

Edit: ... forgot to write his wgt name, lol

... vabighack ...

• pdb1
    23,503 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 5:48 AM

As I have been going along . The more I am driven . The more I respect and admire and appreciate these GR8 TRAILBLAZERS .

I am now committed to recognizing all of them . As they should be . A tribute . For so many reasons . Their tenacity , perseverance , paving the way , dedication . Not the least of which to have a trophy to be proud of . One like this that represents so much . Well deserved . Some may not have ever received a trophy for their contributions . I hope they understand this . As it is possible that in a mere 6 months . It may be too late to say thank you .

This GR8 platform . May not be the main and only game in town . The focus is likely to change . This whole wonderful universe may just fade away .

So I better get to work .

Thank you TRAILBLAZERS .

There is no way I can thank everyone properly . There will be a lot of trophies prior to 2010 . But the 10's possibly 100's of thousands of players from 2010 and 2011 . Are just as worthy . Some even more so .

As much as I would like to . I cannot make that many trophies . I couldn't possibly even gather up all of your names .

But I can tell you right here . That when I came up . So many of you stepped up . I was overwhelmed with humanity . It inspired me to go " balls to the wall ". For years . At first I had way over 500 friends on my list . 

TOOK A LONG TIME FOR MY STUBBORN ...............

It was very hard for me to have to delete so many of those GR8 people from all over the world . That I had met in my thousands of ranked rounds . And Match play rounds . Where I met some old timers with 15,000 , 20,000 , 25,000 Match play rounds under their belt . They were so cool . Tons of stories and information and help . A few of them even let me win a few Matches .

By then I had a CC . Had to delete them . Many were ready to leave the game by then . But it was still hard .

So all of you 2010 and 2011 players / members . My hat is off to you , a big bow , a handshake , and a thank you . As well .

You can see the trophies here

• pdb1
    23,503 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 7:56 AM

I sure have my work cut out for me . I am only interested in the year of the start date . Then whether they are still active .

Is there something easier than clicking on the profile ? Seeing a start date of 2007 , 2008 , 2009 . Then scrolling down to see if they are active ?

I don't think so .

It is a bummer for me to find so many that stopped playing in Jan , Feb , Mar , Apr , even May . Probably 75% of the pre 2010 players I have viewed stopped playing this year . So far I would say that to be over 200 players .

I doubt they will be back . Considering the present state of things .

• pdb1
    23,503 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 6:38 AM

please read throughout this thread

For anyone that doesn't know me . I ran a small but strong CC for 5 years . Valley of the Sun Casual Club .

I was a fully involved owner . To say the least . One of my main things was recognizing every member along their journey . From their firsts , their bests , their longests , and their wins . And other accolades as they came about . Participation , humanity , selflessness , creativity , humor , contributions , etc .

I made trophies for all those things and more . A trophy making fool . I also award first posters in the WGT forums with a 1st poster award . " WGT KICK ASS 1ST POSTER AWARD " . Some ( forum experts ) found it hard to believe I was serious and not mocking them . I felt it was a motivator . A positive push to encourage more posting . To help them feel more comfortable .Turns out I was right .

I have awarded trophies to some of the amazing Andyson Memorial Tournament contributors . IE: PaulTon , SidersBest , etc . I also have a tribute to Andyson . In my website . A man I fought toe to toe with in these forums . But I respected the hell out of him . 

So anyway . I gotta leave for work here in a few . But I find myself totally in awe of this group of " TRAILBLAZERS " . I want to recognize them with trophies . The list is going to be large . But limited to active players who started prior to 2010 . Although as I said above , 2010 & 2011 players and many many players of all years are just as worthy . But there are probably several hundred thousand of them . And even compiling a list of those . Is something not even ColumbusStorm would undertake .This is for the very 1st TRAILBLAZERS that are still blazing .

I am already gathering names ( slowly ) . Going through old CC Club owners friends lists and some of their members lists . Every single one of them . ( I found active 2009 players at the top of the first page just joining that CC )  Eliminating all but 2007 , 2008 , 2009 active or active as recent as May . ( because with things as they are . Little chance they will return before December ) . I ( we ) had better start now if ( we ) want to thank these " TRAILBLAZERS " .

And I say " we " . Because first I am going to ask if you all are behind me on this ? Second if that is the case . GR8 Thanx . Then I am going to ask your opinions on the best way to pay this tribute . Then I am going to ask that you help me and submit some of these active TRAILBLAZERS names for me . To make trophies for .

If you all don't feel this like I do . Then majority rules . And I will just do it myself . In my own small way .

Thank you .

• olazabal
    85 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 1:21 AM

I'm welling up here.  Thank you very much.   Only took 12 years to get a trophy picture on my profile.  Cheers :o)

• pdb1
    23,503 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 4:55 AM

Well (ing) deserved .

• headhacker
    98 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 4:00 PM

Thanks pdb1 - appreciate the effort and the recognition. Hope everyone is staying safe and active. Happy to have WGT during these times.

• KennyPerry
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 5:06 PM

Thanks for the fun round of golf today and the recognition!

My account started...

Member Since 18 Jan 2008

I got really good early and then they bumped me up so fast I couldn't even hit some of the fairways.

The better you got the farther back they moved your t-box.

I also have only ever played on a Mac, hence the high score.

The game looks terrible on my 5K iMac but looks very good on my iPad Pro.

Cheers!

RSS