Forums

Help › Forums

Is this WGT's oldest active player?

Mon, Jun 26 2023 1:37 PM (195 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 8:32 AM

Special congrats to FUZZYGAZZ cause apart the fact he's one of the older active members in wgt, he has the the oldest post in the forum from the list of active members.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 8:54 AM

I have to say, that iconian guy is a dork. But, he is indeed is alive.

:)

• Cotton949
    379 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 10:05 AM

Really Nice, thanks.

Jim

• Cotton949
    379 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 10:07 AM

Not appropriate 

• SongGuy
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 12:27 PM

"Great Day For The Sticks"

Greetings,

Checking my account, I see that 2011 was when I began WGT. That was probably shortly after my last actual video gaming console system left me. I remember SAGA!!!! and the it's great commercials. Dating myself here but I'm quite sure I was the first person living in New Hampshire to own the original Nintendo home system. There were about 8 games available, as that number grew some friends and myself bought a couple more systems and as many games as we could - there was no Amazon back then or even a place to order online - as it was becoming popular we were putting them in the few stores in our little rural towns in the White Mountains. We paid for our Football Sunday pizza and beer and more games for ourselves. I can remember having about 10 people sitting around our living room on rainy days watching as we played baseball head to head. It was a riot - anyone listening would think the spectators were actually watching a World Series game.

THE BEST ORIGINAL NINTENDO GAMES

- Baseball - Excitabike - Golf (too funny for words compared with even the original slow WGT) - Hockey & Football. 

Our golf club was directly across the street from the old farm house that was home to about 6 of us. My Dad bought the house with a big old barn and acres of old farmland when I was about 5, when I was 6 he started building a golf course there and for the next several summers my days were spent digging for arrowheads, pottery, flintlocks and musket ramrods left from a famous war between the British and Native Americans that very area was the center of in the late 1600's. These days no way would my Dad have been able to start constructing much of anything at such a historic site. It's still called what my Dad named it, "Indian Mound Golf Club" in little Center Ossipee, New Hampshire, south of the state's biggest tourist site, Mt. Washington Valley - Conway, North Conway, Bartlett, Glen.

My Dad eventually ended up selling out to unwelcome partners when I was about 12, by then it was 9 holes and on a good day I could shoot a 50, which allowed me to play with practically any member.  It was bought about 10 years ago by a family I knew from up in "The Valley," a brother and sister that both worked at another old famous NH course, "Hale's Location." Anyway, one day the new owner asked me if Indians were really buried in the mound that I watched being shaved down to make a Tee Box for a par 3. "No," I said but countless "Native Americans are," why do you ask" I said. (I happen to be 1/4 Native American and ribbed him) He told me how these people had been there that had written a book called "The Indian Mounds Of New England." They had told him that excavations from Rhode Island to northern Maine showed that the mounds were filled with fresh water muscle shells and fish bones. Once or twice a year tribes would get together and have a feast, then the artists among them would bury them over the years they got higher and higher. They also said that very few - if any - of the tribes practice this kind of burial.

I said, "yeah, I've read that book, it's interesting but I have better evidence than any of those that wrote it. I actually saw a human forearm bone that was unearthed when a bulldozer was shaping the edge of the Mound." It's unforgettable for me for many reasons, most notably because I'm a history geek and traced my Native American heritage to the Iroquois tribes that participated in the great battle - which I wrote about in college, calling the historic war started by a British Captain that towns and streets were later named after, "Custer Of The East." Multiple tribes came together after a legendary Chief was killed and killed off the British Rangers then burned their fort which was where the 2nd green of the course is.

Anyway, what I was wondering is what happens after Flash is no longer available? Are all our stats lost as it transfers to the other WGT platform?

Regards,

Jeff

SongGuy

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 11:44 AM

pdb1:

WGTicon:

I have to say, that iconian guy is a dork. But, he is indeed is alive.

:)

I already knew that Icon . And there are no dead players in this thread .

But there are far too few women on our list .

Maybe it would be nice to see some girls here with a long time in wgt. I personally know one, and for me she is the best, surely she is the reason why I did not want to leave this game .............

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 1:11 PM

http://www.wgt.com/players/vabighack/default.aspx

Glenn is a January 2008 guy also still active. We still tee it up together often lol! 

RSS