Forums

Help › Forums

Green Speed on Chips/Pitches

Tue, Jan 4 2022 9:19 PM (25 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 11:39 AM

Tbuffkin:
    It would be great it the green speed was shown when chipping and putting onto the first hole of a game.

sadly it didn't look like a single helpful comment was offered. 

so try this...

it can depend on whether you are first or second to play, but in the situation you mention...

you should be paying attention to when your opponent hits their approach shot...

IF they stick the green... and you tap on the upper left corner (course logo)  while the shot is in the air or even in their backswing the green speed will flash below that box and presto... you get a bit of insight before your chip shot if you missed the green before them.  

hope this is more helpful.  it may not work in every situation because you have to be second to play or have missed the green and your opponent holds the green after you.  Should work for you in those instances at the very least.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 11:53 AM

el3n1:

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 12:21 PM

now you appear to be revealing your maturity level as well.  

Let me guess, you use ball effects with hearts too : )   just kidding,

really though how can so many frequent forum members not be able to give a simple tip to help the OP.  Is it possible all of them were oblivious of it as well, or just unwilling to share a helpful tip.

edit... I was joking with you Tony... and I was not trying to offend anyone.  I just find it discouraging when I see  posts that seem to avoid the OP direct question and go on tangents that are not helpful to playing on WGT.

I can see how dedicated flash players may not know, but a lot of these things are shared in the forum so even desktop players who regularly post and read the forums tend to know such things even if they don't play on mobile.     

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 2:38 PM

No worries friend. I’ve never been accused of being mature. I have to act like I am at work but thankfully it’s only 8 hours a day.

I didn’t read all the replies and just assumed the question was answered. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 5:16 PM

Tbuffkin:

It would be great it the green speed was shown when chipping and putting onto the first hole of a game. It would be especially handy on mobile when you are only playing a 1 hole match, and you are greenside needing to chip, but have no clue how fast the greens are. Same on desktop or mobile on a multi hole game on the first hole, should you find yourself just off the green.

Just so you know, when you click on the Tournament. It tells you the green speed

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2020 3:00 PM
    He’s a mobile player Don. In H2H games it doesn’t show the green speed until you’re on the green.
  • SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 6:51 AM

el3n1:

Tbuffkin:
    It would be great it the green speed was shown when chipping and putting onto the first hole of a game.

so try this...

it can depend on whether you are first or second to play, but in the situation you mention...

you should be paying attention to when your opponent hits their approach shot...

IF they stick the green... and you tap on the upper left corner (course logo)  while the shot is in the air or even in their backswing the green speed will flash below that box and presto... you get a bit of insight before your chip shot if you missed the green before them.  

hope this is more helpful.  it may not work in every situation because you have to be second to play or have missed the green and your opponent holds the green after you.  Should work for you in those instances at the very least.

Thank you for your insight, I will be the first to admitt that I was unaware of the function of clicking and seeing green speed while your opponent hits their approach shot,

Good Looking Out!

You are truely a student of the game

Siders Best

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 7:46 AM

SidersBest:
    You are truely a student of the game

Thank you!  I will be the first to admit the forums have taught me as much as anything else in the game.  So, I won't take credit for too much on my own.  This too was something I read about in the forums, before confirming it worked...

One thing I have learned with mobile though since there isn't a tutorial on it, is that sometimes you just have to try tapping or touching something to see if it is a "hidden" prompt / pull down menu to get you to another screen or view.  

I will wager this was discovered in a happy accident while someone was looking at the hole overview during an opponents shot, only to discover it also prompted the green speed when they did so.  Most people will go to the players profile to measure up their opponent rather than check which tee box they might be on.  Hence the delay in some learning about it.

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2021 4:03 PM

Do full backspin/flop like shots for your approach on 1st hole exclusively(assuming that you are in fairway/light rough stuff).

RSS