Help › Forums

Bad lies, rough, sand etc

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:15 AM (5 replies)
  • Andy2481
    3 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 9:03 AM

Hi there,

I'm playing WGT a lot more during the virus lockdown but am getting frustrated by too many duff shots (sometimes only 1 or 2 yards) in second cut of rough or sand for example.

Please can someone explain to me how to properly account for these bad lies?

Is it possible to get out of these situations without hitting the ding bang on?

If I'm in a 40-50% lie in the second cut of rough, do I have to add on 40-50% to the distance? 

Are pitch/chip/flop shots affected by deep rough or sand, just as much as full shots?

Thank you,

Andy Stevenson

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 9:55 AM

Young46 Jason has many videos on YouTube, covering all aspects of the short game and putting, everything in general really. I think he now covers both platforms, whether your a flash or the EA version.

There are also many others that give valid tips etc.

Take a look, you have nothing to loose, but a lot to gain.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 11:11 AM

Andy2481:
    I'm playing WGT a lot more during the virus lockdown but am getting frustrated by too many duff shots (sometimes only 1 or 2 yards) in second cut of rough or sand for example.
    Observe the shot type!

Andy2481:
    Are pitch/chip/flop shots affected by deep rough or sand, just as much as full shots?
    A lot more, especially with Starter equipment.

From greenside rough and bunkers, the caddy automatically presents chip or pitch shots which will not work.

With Starter equipment, choose full shots with a wedge and over 65% power. Below that, they are hopelessly non-linear in their power loss.
    Hope to stay on the green.

The flop shot with Starter wedges is a flop.

• Andy2481
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:41 AM

Thank you

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:15 AM

Hello...yes you need and also count all downhill or uphill...But...

I just wondering what its meaning to count those % cause its worse anyway...I had just wondering how my flop shots...are getting worse after after after counting all those effects...

I just hit..25y wedge...it was 20% rough, actually easiest...thinking half power...result was poor, i didnt get even green!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 3:35 PM

alosso:

Andy2481:
    Observe the shot type!

Andy2481:
    A lot more, especially with Starter equipment.

From greenside rough and bunkers, the caddy automatically presents chip or pitch shots which will not work.

With Starter equipment, choose full shots with a wedge and over 65% power. Below that, they are hopelessly non-linear in their power loss.
    Hope to stay on the green.

The flop shot with Starter wedges is a flop.

Yes Good advice alosso. I always said 70% or it will Flub, 65% is close enough

RSS