Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Finding Idea

Mon, Apr 13 2020 11:07 PM (4 replies)
  • swordthegamer
    35 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 8:35 PM

So, this is kind of a unique idea in my opinion. Let the people find random golf balls with random amount of hits on them.

1st, let everyone get a free try. You go into the new "Ball Finding" mode and you are placed in a random water hazard or out of bounds somewhere. You see tons of random golf balls let's say under the water. You get to pick three, and you are not allowed to see what they are and how many hits they have left on them. You "submit", and then you are allowed to see what the golf balls are, and they go into your inventory.

After everyone gets their introductory try, players will be limited to the "Ball Finding" mode once per week with a cost of 150 credits each time. It doesn't need to be something that is overpowered in terms of what you get from it, but it should be reasonable enough to where you can strike gold every now and then and get at least some decent rewards each time so it does not become classified as "not worth it".

Let me know what y'all think about this idea!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:20 PM

swordthegamer:

WGT is a business and they want you to buy balls. Ball sales, is core of the money they make to support the game.

• swordthegamer
    35 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:42 PM

I never said this would be free...only once

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 10:44 PM

DonCaron:

swordthegamer:

WGT is a business and they want you to buy balls. Ball sales, is core of the money they make to support the game.

+1 it’s a golf game, not a game that belongs in a funfair, looking to find balls, this goes for the people that have mentioned ball retrievers.

• MaDch
    13 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 11:07 PM

Exactly. And with this, they could sell the same balls again without having to produce new ones.

OK joking about the last bit. I know they don‘t need to do anything to produce the balls... although... with the prices of some of them you‘d think they were real balls.

Seriously though I think it is a great idea. 150cr too high though. Because you‘ll end up with dozens of random single balls. Difficult to actually use them as you don‘t want to end up using starter balls mid-round all the time.

So I think it would even be profitable for WGT at around 50-100cr since there is a good chance the found balls won‘t ever be used.

Here‘s another idea: how about lake balls in the pro shop. A dozen random balls with random shots left for 300cr or a dozen of the same brand for 600cr.

Or this: When losing a ball you get the option of waiting (searching) for it for three minutes and a 50% chance of finding it, this for say 40% of the price of that ball.

RSS