Forums

Help › Forums

Next course coming to the game?

Wed, Jan 24 2024 12:42 PM (125 replies)
  • Gham92
    30 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 12:29 PM

This anyone know or have conformation of what the next Golf course will be and when it will be added?

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 1:58 PM

Last year WGT announced we would get the full 18 hole Bandon Dunes for the US Amateur this August. However I've seen no comment or updates since then. With all event schedules in a state of flux who knows??? I'm hoping though.

Have fun, hit em straight and stay safe,

John

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 10:27 AM

DufferJohn7:

Last year WGT announced we would get the full 18 hole Bandon Dunes for the US Amateur this August. However I've seen no comment or updates since then. With all event schedules in a state of flux who knows??? I'm hoping though.

Have fun, hit em straight and stay safe,

John

We may have lost the partnership with the U.S.G.A. Neither the Virtual U.S. Open or the Virtual U.S. Amateur is listed on the tournament page, And in years past we always got the Virtual U.S. Open course front 9 CCTH in April and we didn't get anything this April. 

• gillian5048
    154 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 1:32 PM

Suggestion for new courses: TPC Sawgrass, Aviara, Old Tabby Links

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 7:42 AM

Gham92:

This anyone know or have conformation of what the next Golf course will be and when it will be added?

Yeah...Any Custom course your club builds and puts in play....That's best chance you will ever see of a "new" course anytime soon ...😳

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 11:57 AM

Is there any news on Bandon?  

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 1:08 PM

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 2:45 PM

TopShelf2010:

DarkenRahl:

Is there any news on Bandon?  

Back burner for now the last I heard.

Don

That was specifically for the amateur being played there this year. I think it is very unlikely that the full Bandon Dunes will ever come to WGT now that they missed that window.

I wish they would reconsider what is going to happen to Whistler and Cabo. I think they said those would be gone for good at the end of the year. That is two courses that are already done and are fun to play. I think that would be the best chance of getting any addition to the courses we have now. It doesn't look to me like new courses are a priority or even a thought at this time.

I hope I am wrong.

Brett

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 3:06 PM

If I recall correctly, (big IF), Wolf Creek was culled from already being in semi-existence in the  Closer To The Hole section of courses. Now it is listed in the main courses under the Community tab above.

Interestingly maybe, two other Closest2Hole courses are listed there as well, Valhalla and Harbor Town.

Bali Hai, Celtic Manor, Edgewood, others are not listed there. So maybe Valhalla or Harbor Town this winter?

Anything new would be great. It would take them 10 minutes to do the "create a custom Course" type of thing and update Best of Famous or Best of Hardest. How hard could that be? No Pebble, Chambers or Wolf on those courses, mix it up a bit.

A new course or two would give a lot of incentive to folks still sitting on the fence on whether to continue playing the game after Dec. 29.

Just sayin"

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 4:39 PM

The whole topic of new courses is interesting in itself given the new ownership. What kind of vision they have determines the worth of adding new courses, I suspect. How big of a player is WGT in their plans?

Stay tuned, I suppose. Makes you appreciate what WGT went through to get what we have now.

RSS