Forums

Help › Forums

Next course coming to the game?

Wed, Jan 24 2024 12:42 PM (125 replies)
  • Golfguy992
    18 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2023 1:01 PM

I like Wolf Creek, I'd love to see the full Cabo course or Sawgrass.  Who wouldn't want to take a crack at the island green?  Maybe Kaapalua?  The only course I'm not fond of is Royal St George but I agree with the above comment.  Don't remove courses, add them.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2023 12:50 PM

There is one they already have that is fabulous that should be here…Whistler!

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 9:11 AM

sheepsass:

There is one they already have that is fabulous that should be here…Whistler!

WGT did not make Cabo or Whistler. Those 2 courses were made and owned by TruGolf and were only made for flash, When flash ended WGT  for what ever reason removed them, Maybe Nico or Champion can tell us why.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 9:56 AM

borntobesting:
    WGT did not make Cabo or Whistler. Those 2 courses were made and owned by TruGolf and were only made for flash, When flash ended WGT  for what ever reason removed them, Maybe Nico or Champion can tell us why.

I believe Nico mentioned one time that the reason Cabo & Whistler were not carried forward into the PCEA from flash was because the quality of the scans/images were not good enough.

Not sure how much of that is truly why but I would suspect (and this is only my opinion) that $$ costs may have played a part too.WGT and TruGolf had an agreement to use Cabo & Whistler in the Flash version of the game. MY guess is that WGT would have needed to come to a new agreement to use it in the PCEA version. Similarly those two courses were never included in the Mobile versions as I suspect for the same reasons.

• Stephanie964
    25 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 1:56 PM

I'd personally love to see the great Aussie course Royal Melbourne here,  what a thrill was playing it in an amateur event,  looking at the photos in the clubhouse, one of the best sandbelt courses in the world and walking the same fairways as the greats of the game,  truly inspirational 

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2023 1:17 PM

MarchieB:

borntobesting:

I believe Nico mentioned one time that the reason Cabo & Whistler were not carried forward into the PCEA from flash was because the quality of the scans/images were not good enough.

Not sure how much of that is truly why but I would suspect (and this is only my opinion) that $ costs may have played a part too.WGT and TruGolf had an agreement to use Cabo & Whistler in the Flash version of the game. MY guess is that WGT would have needed to come to a new agreement to use it in the PCEA version. Similarly those two courses were never included in the Mobile versions as I suspect for the same reasons.

There is one hole from each course in the Best of Par 5's course that I have seen.  So they clearly still have access to those courses and they do work on the new platform.

• PLaw0720
    168 Posts
    Sat, Aug 12 2023 6:59 AM

For us old timers, I recall PGA 486 had Avenal, Harbor Town, and Sawgrass.  I would really like to see if WGT could acquire those rights from EA Sports and put the full 18 on the game.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 6:51 PM

PLaw0720:

For us old timers, I recall PGA 486 had Avenal, Harbor Town, and Sawgrass.  I would really like to see if WGT could acquire those rights from EA Sports and put the full 18 on the game.

WGT stands out from other golf games because it uses HD photos for it's courses, not computer graphics (except for things like avatar, clubs, balls, flags... i.e. non-course items).  If you want courses made using computer graphics... go find a different golf game.

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2023 5:56 AM

MioKontic:

PLaw0720:

WGT stands out from other golf games because it uses HD photos for it's courses, not computer graphics (except for things like avatar, clubs, balls, flags... i.e. non-course items).  If you want courses made using computer graphics... go find a different golf game.

I don't think anyone is clamoring for computer graphics courses, just NEW courses.  Most folks don't care about the details on how it's done, they just want it done. 

It's been over a year since PGA National.  It's time.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2023 10:52 AM

bwsq:

I don't think anyone is clamoring for computer graphics courses, just NEW courses.  Most folks don't care about the details on how it's done, they just want it done. 

It's been over a year since PGA National.  It's time.

I believe that sometime in the past 6 or 8 months or so, WGT stated (probably Nico) that there would be no new courses in the 2023 calendar year.

Still can't believe that we are playing VERY OLD Best of Famous & Hardest courses when so many new courses have come out since these were created. Could update them nicely in probably 20 minutes time with a simple course builder but then they can only be played in club tournaments.

Seems like very little to no effort is being put into this game lately.

RSS