Forums

Help › Forums

Mobile Players w/150 Averages

Mon, May 3 2021 9:07 AM (79 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 12:28 PM

I've been playing the PCEA version since its release and I've chatted with a lot of mobile players of various levels & tiers with 150 averages.  My findings;

• 99.9% don't know a non-mobile version of the game exists.  I refer to these players as "Mobile-Only" or "Coin Room Experts"
    • "Coin Room Experts" - They have no clue how to lower their average from 150.  I explain "Stroke" play to them and they're totally clueless.  THE ONLY GAME THEY KNOW...WGT Coin Rooms HTH Play
    • 99.9% have never been in these main WGT forums
    • 99.9% have no idea there is a wgt.com website
    • 99.9% have no idea what a FR is about.
    • 99.9% have no clue how to contact WGT CS to report a bug/issue.
    • 99.9% have never heard of or played on a green with a stip of 13, 14, 14.5, Ultra Slow or Ultra Fast.  They only know 7.4, 7.9, 9.0, 10,0 and 12.0 green speeds. (BTW…7,4s, 7,9s Ultra Slow & Ultra Fast should just go off into the sunset...who else besides Mags likes them?)
    • Since I mentioned Mags....99.9% have no clue who the GREAT WGT Flash players are nor that they've competed in "live" events all around the world.
    • 99.9% have never heard of the Tour Champion tier
    • 99.9% LOVE the mobile version of the game...they don't complain about anything.
    • 99.9% never heard of the Flash or PCEA versions.
    • The mobile players are really good putters on the mobile version.
    • A majority of them don't realize the cameras zoom and allow for better aiming to keep drives and other shots in the short grass.

I'm sure others have noted some things too.  Care to add to the above list?  I'd love to hear them if you do.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 12:57 PM

Pmm711, you’re generally correct on the majority. The only thing I’d add is that there is a bit of difference between “Mobile-Only” and the “Coin Room Experts”

There are many "Mobile Only" players (such as myself) who fully participate in all the different aspects of the game and its workings. This is not because someone told me about it but because I took the personal initiative and time to search for it and find it out for myself.

I can only assume that the “150 AVG Coin Room “ players are that way not because they don’t know about the other stuff but because they choose to play that way, and that’s totally fine if that’s the game they choose to play.

Here is a screen shot of the current Mobile app main page.

I’m sorry but if anyone says they don’t know about the other stuff on the game then it’s their own fault! If someone says they don’t know I can only assume that all they do is open the app and hit the “Play Now” button. It’s not like the other stuff is hidden or that you need a secret decoder ring to get to it. It's right there on the main screen, but you have to actually press it and try it to find it and try it.

Now where I agree with you almost 100% is on this WGT.com site and Forum.

WGT has done a piss poor job, in fact IMHO, a totally nonexistent job of integrating the Mobile players with the PC players.

• How on earth there isn't a link to the forum or any real reference to the WGT.com site on the mobile app is beyond me!!!
    • Why isn't the New PCEA version of the game promoted on the Mobile App?

That being said ... this is also on the players themselves too. I started as, and am pretty much a strictly Mobile only player but the first thing I did was go looking for a WGT web site. And you don’t need a separate computer to do that. It can be fully accessed using the browser on your mobile device. I took it upon myself to seek out that information. TBH this is both sides fault.

Customer Service is fully accessible in the Mobile/PCEA apps through the Options area and the FAQ option. In fact if you press the "Help / Feedback" button it sends you to a WGT CS form page on this very WGT.com site and if you scroll to the bottom there is a "Full Site" link that will open the main WGT.com website page.

Couple questions ...  
    What is FR?    
    How do you ZOOM the cameras?? Is this Flash only??

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 1:45 PM

@Marchie,well said! I also don't know what FR is.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 1:57 PM

FR = Friend Request

Camera “zoom” = Clicking the camera and clicking on one of the circled numbers to change views...you can then move the aim box to precisely where you’d like your shot to land.  To me it’s “zoom”.  To others it might just be a “different camera angle”.  This is available in all formats of play; flash, mobile, & PCEA.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 2:54 PM

Very accurate observations, Paul, marchie and pdb1.

Well, that's pretty much what I've been telling you guys. WGT has been running two completely different platforms for at least 5 years now basically.

I believe it's more of WGT's fault, rather than the mobile players'. I happened to discover the 'real' WGT world because I was determined to play good and willing to learn so I searched further. How many mobile players would do it? Many of them are just content with the way they play or they eventually become really good at this thiing after playing it for so many years, self-taught.

That is unfortunately the nature (limit) of mobile games : 99.9% play it casually. They keep on playing while it's fun and dump it as soon as they get bored with. They don't give a tooth about who made it and such, just consume them like fast food. Many mobile games are indeed made like junky fast food, disgustingly filled with never-ending ads, crappy graphics and pitiful quality. I just hope WGT wouldn't fall into this category.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 3:08 PM

pmm711

" Zoom " you're just talking about the alternate camera angles. I was thinking that there might have been some way of zooming those cameras in and out that I didn't know about.

- For the Mobile players this exact thing is shown in the games Tutorial that you are made to do before you even take a single swing in the game.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 3:46 PM

as someone that has played both platforms since i started most of you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to others perceptions.

your very limited experience with mobile creates a situation where you can't see the forest because of the trees.

It's much like the analogy where three blind people are holding three different parts of an elephant and have to describe what it looks like by the part they are holding.

Im not going to bother going point by point except to say for the most part you're wrong.

at least get to where you can play 10 games of Bellagio in a night every night and meet the top 200 or so people that play in it. 

Talk to them before forming your judgments.

right now most of your opinions are formed by playing people much lower in skill and level than yourselves I'm sure. 

very few people on either platform that are less than level 80 really know much at all about the game. (unless they are a second account) 

and even then the knowledge level from 80-95 is huge. 

perspective. learn what it is.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:21 PM

@Mythanatos +1.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 6:49 PM

Mythanatos:
    at least get to where you can play 10 games of Bellagio in a night every night and meet the top 200 or so people that play in it. 

200 Top Players are merely a tip of the iceberg in terms of % of players in this game (.0002 or less).  The person who needs to learn perspective is you.  99.9% of players...well you’re obviously “too good” for them.  The view from the top...I thought would be a broader view and not one as a thoroughbred wearing blinders.  Elitism lives and breathes within WGTland.  My God.

RSS