Forums

Help › Forums

New Tournament Format Suggestion

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:26 PM (3 replies)
  • Zmedley99
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 7:59 PM

With the Covid-19 virus cancelling thousands of real golf tournaments, you should consider offering a private tournament option for groups that want to replace those real golf tournament with a virtual one. I am on a Federation board that hosts an annual golf tournament for 200+ golfers in the electrical industry and we had to cancel our tournament. We would absolutely consider on the same date we have the annual tournament to host an online tournament for those individuals. They are all sitting in their basement home offices bored out of their skulls so offering an industry tournament where they can maintain their same foursomes with chat functions and include a leaderboard where they stand against other people they know in the industry would be really fun. This could absolutely be a pay per play tournament as well by having a fee for the tournament organizer based on a dollar amount per player. Offer the ability for advertisements during the private tournament where they could make the money back by billing their own suppliers. I think you would be surprised how many cancelled tournament hosts would be interested in this concept. I pitched the idea to our committee and they all thought it was a great idea and bought in - even based on a pay per player scenario. I envision the tournament organizer handles all the logins and sets up the foursomes and each player logs in the day of the tournament and is taken through the basic tutorial of how to play. They then get into their foursomes and complete the tournament. It is a great day for them and you may end up with a whole bunch of new users on your site based on them trying it out for the first time.

• pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 8:42 PM

1) Send a group email to all those folks and have them go to WGT.com to register

2) Form a Country Club and invite them all to join 

3) Create your own tourney...stroke or bracket play

4) Just understand the game is difficult to learn at first so steer everyone to the search box to the right in this forum.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 9:01 PM

pmm711:

1) Send a group email to all those folks and have them go to WGT.com to register

2) Form a Country Club and invite them all to join 

3) Create your own tourney...stroke or bracket play

4) Just understand the game is difficult to learn at first so steer everyone to the search box to the right in this forum.

Pitch the idea first to WGT ... @customer service ...

They may be willing to do those type of tournaments, not only in the short term ...

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:26 PM

donsprintr:
    Pitch the idea first to WGT ... @customer service ...

They may be willing to do those type of tournaments, not only in the short term ...

+1 - apparently, they have done so before. Perhaps, WGT might even care of creating the user accounts with some extra provisions like level & equipment settings...

RSS