Forums

Help › Forums

Is this game fixed

Thu, Oct 26 2023 4:26 PM (110 replies)
  • BrianCheese
    31 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 2:47 AM

What are peoples thoughts on WGT being weighted in favour of people who spend money on their product?

I've played the game for many years, but have never had the inclination to spend money on it because it lacks consistency; doesn't work the same on differing machines and in my opinion prevents you from scoring low unless you've spent money on WGT products.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:28 AM

BrianCheese:
    What are peoples thoughts on WGT being weighted in favour of people who spend money on their product?

Cause and effect. Of course having better equipment will help you achieve lower scores.

BrianCheese:
    I've played the game for many years, but have never had the inclination to spend money on it because it lacks consistency; doesn't work the same on differing machines and in my opinion prevents you from scoring low unless you've spent money on WGT products.

Why on earth would expect to get the best scores with inferior equipment? Do you expect to win the Monaco Grand Prix in a Trabant?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 9:53 AM

BrianCheese:
    never had the inclination to spend money on it because it lacks consistency;
    Starter clubs + Starter ball guarantee for an inconsistent game.
    Each of these clubs is designed to make us desire to pay for a better club.

OTOH, you're doing quite well with only one custom club in the bag!

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 4:47 PM

Wutpa:
    Why on earth would expect to get the best scores with inferior equipment? Do you expect to win the Monaco Grand Prix in a Trabant?

😂

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 5:31 PM

BrianCheese:

You didn't like the thoughts in the other thread? 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 6:52 PM

Robert1893:
    You didn't like the thoughts in the other thread? 

🤣

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 7:19 PM

His mistake was suggesting performance is directly tied to spending...

I would be happy to hear anyone try and explain how WGT is not a profit based company.   

His premise may be a bit distorted, but his underlying concern is the game appears profit driven.  Nothing necessarily wrong with that, it is their game, they have a patent, they are entitled to make money on it.  

Dont see a need for bashing him for possibly being misguided in venting his frustration. 

Even with starter clubs WGT forcibly employs saturation after 5, 10, 20 rounds at the early stages... all the while pushing you back on tees where you begin to feel frustrated playing with starter gear.  But is that not by design, so you begin to consider buying clubs?  

They want people spending money, watching videos, doing surveys.. it pays the bills right?

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 7:34 PM

Regardless of all of that, the game is not "fixed" as he claims, and the following statement he made (in another thread) is simply not true: "spend $100 on WGT and suddenly you shoot 52s instead of 67s."

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:38 PM

He is venting Robert.. i dont support his inaccurate statements, but i can sympathize with the underlying concern in how WGT does implement strategies to try and encourage people  to make choices to upgrade by forcing them further back on tees or spend credits.  

I know i have vented frustration based on my limited understanding of the game at times, but i also try to gain insight too.  In my three relatively short years, i have seen more and more things reduced, scaled back or discontinued.  

What do you think contributed to the reckless strip mining of credits that forced WGT to adjust the credit videos with the advertisers?  What led to WGT stop issuing a free ball monthly and now giving silly ball effects?  What contributed to ending the elite gift card offers?  

The game appears profit oriented... people will make loose or inaccurate assessments as to why that is based on their personal experience.  Some will be more accurate than others and some will be misguided and inaccurate.  Geez, we live in a society where you hear false statements coming out of the mouth of leaders who should be leading and those things  can impact whether people live or die.   This doesnt.  

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:49 PM

Venting is one thing. Have no problem with that.

Posting stupid stuff? That deserves to be ridiculed. That''s especially so since some of the stuff he posts leads one to believe he might have multiple accounts. 

And yes, I ridicule leaders who say stupid stuff as well. 

RSS