Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeits

Wed, Dec 8 2021 7:14 AM (29 replies)
  • Grh326
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 3:47 PM

I sometimes get frustrated with other players in the Head to Head matches that get in trouble on the 1st or 2nd hole and just quit and take the forfeit.  Why not keep playing for the practice and entertainment?.  Your opponent might get in trouble on the next hole and it will even out.

I don't play for fame or fortune (much like how I play for real!), but just for entertainment and to get better at the game, again much like I play for real.

Don't get me wrong, I will take the coins in the win every time.  I would just like to play a match with you.  I have been playing this game for probably 8 years and I have NEVER purposely forfeited because of a bad round.  I can't get better if I don't play!

• WahooSerious
    220 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:54 AM

I know what you mean. I'm a new player and I find this happening more when I'm playing a much higher level player than myself. When I first started playing I forfeited a few games until someone pointed out exactly what you are saying which made a lot of sense to me. Maybe they're embarrassed?

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 6:52 AM

this happens to me all the time in Shanghai.  I'll buzz my first shot, they'll forfeit before they even hit their approach on hole 1, or if they hit their approach off the green or in a bunker, it's an instant forfeit.

Example, last weekend, I played 6 Shanghai matches in a 30 minute sponsorship window.  3 were 2 shots or less, 2 went to the 2nd hold before forfeit and i finally played a full 9 where I won by 7 shots, and gave the guy a sleeve of balls for nor forfeiting.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 7:20 AM

Join a country club, they will not forfeit.

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:35 AM

SlickHunter:

Hey mate, speaking of clubs, let me know when you want to come home ;-) 

Good to see you, Joseph, wishing you and yours all the best! Take care brother.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 11:14 AM

AussieMick11:

SlickHunter:

Hey mate, speaking of clubs, let me know when you want to come home ;-) 

Good to see you, Joseph, wishing you and yours all the best! Take care brother.

Good to hear from you my friend. I know I always have a home with you guys thank you..unfortunately I slow down playing to almost no play. I’m playing my old games, tank and war games-:) You be careful out there, and hello to everyone at the club.

• Fifibagge
    13 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 7:46 AM

I don't mind if people forfeit, but I do wish they would use the forfeit button instead of just quitting the match and leaving me to wait a couple of minutes until all their time has run out. Use the forfeit button people!

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 10:01 AM

Fifibagge:

I don't mind if people forfeit, but I do wish they would use the forfeit button instead of just quitting the match and leaving me to wait a couple of minutes until all their time has run out. Use the forfeit button people!

+1

Forfeiting is the correct way to leave a game. A lot of times the folks your playing want to save hits on their purchased balls.

It’s the ones that restart the app instead of forfeiting that are the issue, especially if you are playing sponsor rounds and are trying to squeeze in as many games as you can in 30 minutes. It has taken as long as five minutes from the time the game realizes the person has left before the first 45 second clock starts.

Do a forum search and you’ll see this issue goes back years. 

• Mako88sb
    3 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 3:38 PM

Haven’t planned on ever forfeiting as I figure it would be good practice to keep going. I did dunk one in a water hazard during a tie-breaker and was going to quit in disgust but then thought there was always a small possibility that my opponent might make the same mistake and sure enough he did so I lucked out. I didn’t know about the forfeit button but got it figured out. Just in case something comes up during a round. 

• handyman130
    12 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 12:33 AM

Yes totaly agree it frustrates the heck out of me also the players that make out they are hacks and take gimees from 7-8 feet when they mach you stroke for stroke for most of the round

RSS