Forums

Help › Forums

New Fictional Courses Created by WGT

Fri, Jul 30 2021 12:46 PM (24 replies)
  • protonc
    643 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 8:55 AM

As much as I love playing courses that I see on TV, I would be happy with WGT created courses (not mix and match holes).  I've seen some great courses created on another game that are beautiful, and you would think they were real or should be.  Not sure why a cheaper route couldn't be explored, and maybe let the members select the courses to be released.  Even let the best of the best or long time guys\gals make the selection or provide input to get the community involved.

Would love to see some new content come out.  It doesn't have to be a real course to enjoy the game.

• Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 1:44 AM

I agree. You could make your own fantasy courses in the old Links LS. Some very creative people made some very good courses. Some were like fantasy courses just fun and very difficult, some were just kind of a standard course with their own twists on it.Some courses people made and posted were duds. It did take creativity and a considerable amount of time and effort to make a good one. So if there was a program 20 years ago where people could make their own courses why can't WGT make up their own fictional courses now?

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 10:15 AM

I'm fairly certain their reasoning for not offering fictional courses is they believe it would dilute their brand. Their brand/marketing is all premised or framed by the idea that players are playing on actual courses.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 2:19 PM

Robert1893:
    I'm fairly certain their reasoning for not offering fictional courses is they believe it would dilute their brand.

Yes, they'd never do that.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 2:34 PM

@DodgyPutter

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 3:45 PM

DodgyPutter:

Robert1893:
    I'm fairly certain their reasoning for not offering fictional courses is they believe it would dilute their brand.

But he's still playing on a real course. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 3:45 PM

DodgyPutter:

Robert1893:

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 2:17 AM

borntobesting:

Is he? Looks to me like he's just hanging about looking glakit.

The point was more about whether or not they would dilute their brand.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 3:12 AM

Lesthanpar:

I agree. You could make your own fantasy courses in the old Links LS. Some very creative people made some very good courses. Some were like fantasy courses just fun and very difficult, some were just kind of a standard course with their own twists on it.Some courses people made and posted were duds. It did take creativity and a considerable amount of time and effort to make a good one. So if there was a program 20 years ago where people could make their own courses why can't WGT make up their own fictional courses now?

There was a dude in my neighbourhood who had the knack of reproducing a golf course out of a real existing one using the course designer on Links 2001.

He sucked at playing golf (both real and in game) but he had that natural gift for making a replica out of something. Well, no matter what he did, making plastic models, playing SimCity, Warcraft, whatever, that's what he strove for. And he was amazingly talented on that field!

If WGT makes this kind of course designing & creating function available, they will certainly attract and form a new breed of fandom for sure unless they force them to purchase it from the pro shop and charge another 4,000 bucks for it.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 3:56 AM

I was thinking the same about some fantasy course...But then realized that all of their courses ate product of terrain measuring combined with photography..So their game won't let them fantasize much :)

Nik

RSS