Forums

Help › Forums

window version vs old flash version of wgt meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 15 2021 9:31 AM (2 replies)
  • rizzee
    4 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 2:46 AM

hi all ive just started playing again after a long time out..ive noticed we can play the old flash version and the upgraded version on windows  so i gave both a go..ive noticed the swing meter is very different. the old flash version has a wider ding bar to hit so with my clubs im dinging for fun..then we have the new version with a different swing meter which has a very narrow ding bar.. ive probably hit the ding 3 times over 18 holes and ive noticed the bar comes down a lot quicker too.why would anyone want to play the new version? its like im playing with beginner clubs!!

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 10:35 AM

I wouldn't be overly concerned about dinging. In my experience, if you hit the ding and you have a crosswind, it's almost as bad as missing the ding on the leeward side, the wind will just run away with your shot. Click on the windward side of the ding if you have a crosswind and the sideways movement of your shot will be noticeably less.

As you say, the new game has a faster meter and it's much easier to miss the ding, so miss it on the correct side and save yourself a lot of heartache.

• PDC40510
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2021 9:31 AM

The new version is confusing, no mulligans, and takes five times as long to boot up. WHY? This is awful. Who created this version? They should be fired-awful game. 

RSS