Forums

Help › Forums

Smooth Out That Jumpy Meter

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 3 2022 2:05 AM (5 replies)
  • RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 12:05 PM

Does anyone have a clue to smoothing out the jumpy/sticky meter?  It has become impossible for me to play the game.  The meter even jumps after I have clicked my (wired) mouse.  Yes, I have also cleared my cache and browsing data.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 12:57 PM

The flash version of the game has been (basically) unplayable for me due to the same issue.  I've managed to suffer through some multi-player rounds (alt shot, match, stroke, blitz, & CTTH)  BUT it's a chore.  The game play is almost like a strobe effect where I see every nth frame.  No smoothness of the meter or video exists.  I had a great base of Alt-Shot friends too and I miss them.  I've embraced the PCEA version where the meter issues are pretty much resolved.  Oh, and I also have the issue when playing CC UEL tourneys, so, it's not only multi-player play that is affected for me.  And I've tried various browsers, cache clearing, etc. etc. etc.

• Acsteve787
    2 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 5:40 AM

The jumpy meter comes from a combination of graphics card and background processes on your computer. I use the Mac app on a 16" Macbook Pro. After suffering jumpy meter on a pretty powerful machine (for WGT purposes) I found that the graphics were using the integrated graphics processor and not the descrete card. If I do any heavy lifting in a program like Photoshop, the computer would switch from integrated to descrete, but this was not happening when I launched WGT. Once I forced the graphics onto the descrete card my jumpy meter was cured.

Either shut down all background processes or if you are using integrated graphics, get a descrete video card. 

Good luck, YMMV.

• Veber42
    15 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2022 11:31 AM

How do you change to the descrete card never heard this before 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2022 1:45 PM

Veber42:

How do you change to the descrete card never heard this before 

If your computer has a discrete graphics card, it should come with software that lets you control which video graphics processor to use for each program.  For example, my laptop has Intel integrated graphics as well as a separate (discrete) NVIDIA graphics card.  I use the NVIDIA Control Panel software to specify that WGT should run on the NVIDIA graphics card.  

Hope this helps.

• Veber42
    15 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2022 2:05 AM

Thanks for your help Sam 

RSS