Fri, Aug 20 2021 4:42 PM (132 replies)
  • Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 5:25 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 7:37 AM

Bowl64:

In one of your earlier posts you indicated had some mild symptoms but weren't sure what was going on. How are you doing today?

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 7:55 AM

Thank you all for staying home, this help to stop spreading the virus and put the medical team in great problems.

I am a doctor and work in the COVID 19 unit in the hospital and believe me we are busy enough, so dont add work.

Protect your elders and the weak health people cause this virus dont give them a lot of chances.

THANK YOU ALL, WE STAY AT THE HOSPITAL FOR YOU SO PLEASE STAY HOME FOR US

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 10:17 AM

TyMacni:
    My question to these companies - If you are essential and important, why do you pay your essential employees only minimum wage during this time of crisis ?

Well, simply put: just because the service may be deemed essential does not mean each individual employee is essential. 

Or to put it another way, the employee can easily be replaced. I'm sure there are plenty of truly essential businesses/institutions (for example, hospitals) that have minimum-wage employees. 

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 11:35 AM

Robert1893:

TyMacni:
    My question to these companies - If you are essential and important, why do you pay your essential employees only minimum wage during this time of crisis ?

Well, simply put: just because the service may be deemed essential does not mean each individual employee is essential. 

Or to put it another way, the employee can easily be replaced. I'm sure there are plenty of truly essential businesses/institutions (for example, hospitals) that have minimum-wage employees. 

Hi Robert,

I understand. My post was some what tongue in cheek. There are many people, up front and behind the scene, putting themselves at risk for us and I am grateful to all.  As things worsen, the ease of replacing anyone at any level will most likely diminish.

Tony

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 4:31 PM

YankeeJim:

Bowl64:

In one of your earlier posts you indicated had some mild symptoms but weren't sure what was going on. How are you doing today?

I`m doing netter, it`s probably an infected tooth causing my problems. On penicillin now and feeling better.Thanks for asking :)))

Bjorn

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 4:34 PM

Alain760:

Thank you all for staying home, this help to stop spreading the virus and put the medical team in great problems.

I am a doctor and work in the COVID 19 unit in the hospital and believe me we are busy enough, so dont add work.

Protect your elders and the weak health people cause this virus dont give them a lot of chances.

THANK YOU ALL, WE STAY AT THE HOSPITAL FOR YOU SO PLEASE STAY HOME FOR US

Hang in there Alain, all you guys are in my thoughts :))

Bjorn

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 6:41 PM

TyMacni:

SimonTheBeetle:
    I just watched the news reporting that the number of confirmed virus infection cases in the States had passed over 10,000.

Hi Simon,

Actually, it is over 100,000 and increasing horribly fast. New Orleans, Louisiana,   Chicago, Illinois and   Detroit, Michigan are beginning to surge, and are now predicted to explode as soon as 1 week.

God Help us all, everywhere.

You're right, Tony. I stand corrected. Over 122,666 in US and 81,999 in China as I speak.

God help us all indeed. Stay safe and healthy.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 3:51 AM

kavvz:

LCBO, Beer store and cannabis retailers remain open for very good reason.

Could you imagine all the alcoholics and addicts reactions and the problems that would arise if they couldn't get their "fix".  

Would be worse than the virus.

..and yes this is the world we live in.

I live in the south of France, i cultivate my own cannabis, it doesn’t make me an addict, far from it, i just enjoy gardening.😉

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 6:37 AM

andwhy67:

I live in the south of France, i cultivate my own cannabis, it doesn’t make me an addict, far from it, i just enjoy gardening.😉

That reminded me of a funny story...to me anyway...

In the 1970s I was growing weed in the sunniest location of my parent’s home...right next to the front door.  I came home from school one day and the weed was gone.  First thing my dad said to me when I got inside, “Don’t worry no one stole your pot plants.  They were getting so big I moved them so the mailman wouldn’t report them to the police”.  He loved plants and gardening too.  That was the first time I remember thinking my dad was cool.  I was too young to even drive at the time.  RIP dad...thank you for that one!

RSS