@Rick6208

Agreed.

Well said. 

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 6:38 PM

YankeeJim:

SimonTheBeetle:
    All the liquour stores in my neighbourhood are closed.

Heh, New York has determined those are essentials.  :-D

I forgot to mention the Cannabis stores are attached to the beer store so I guess its double tax dollar for the government. They're going to need it buy the time this is over to pay the bills.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 5:02 PM

Funny... Right after the Olympics have officially been postponed by one year, the number of confirmed cases of virus infection is increasing exponentially and people start panic-buying in the country. I guess the natural enemy of the virus must be the Olympics. LMFAO This is what happens (and you do) when you only care about looking good to others : cover up and/or distort facts.

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 8:31 PM

Here in my area of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia County / Montgomery County) McDonald's and Burger King, and other fast food businesses are open, ergo they must be deemed essential. Their employees put themselves at risk at work and traveling to and from work.

My question to these companies - If you are essential and important, why do you pay your essential employees only minimum wage during this time of crisis ?

Thank you to these Employees also.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 8:42 PM

largemouth51:
    Rick6208:

THANK YOU TO OUR DOCTORS, NURSES AND ALL HEALTH CARE WORKERS ! 

THEY ARE THE SOLDIERS ON THE FRONT LINE ON THIS WAR AGAINST THE VIRUS, THE LEAST THE REST OF US CAN DO IS...STAY HOME !!! AND HELP STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 VIRUS ! 

And don't forget those grocery store cashiers and other store workers who stand there and scan our purchases when we all go through the checkout line not knowing if anyone one of us is carrying the virus

Many +1's.

All these people are heroes right now!

Do them a favour, just say thank you that's all they want and need.  

..and good heavens don't do this sh1t:

https://www.chch.com/hamilton-mcdonalds-worker-allegedly-faked-covid-19-diagnosis-to-get-out-of-work/

https://www.chch.com/driver-spits-on-drive-thru-worker-at-hamilton-tim-hortons/

These 2 tools deserve jail time and steeper fines. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 8:45 PM

LCBO, Beer store and cannabis retailers remain open for very good reason.

Could you imagine all the alcoholics and addicts reactions and the problems that would arise if they couldn't get their "fix".  

Would be worse than the virus.

..and yes this is the world we live in.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 9:40 PM

I just watched the news reporting that the number of confirmed virus infection cases in the States had passed over 100,000.

It is sad, alarming and devastating news, but it also shows a positive sign since it means the US government is being frank, open, and willing to solve the problem aggressively unlike the country of the origin of this whole chaos claiming its confirmed cases are only about 80,000 which is a sheer malarkey and BS even a dog would laugh at!

I don't care whatever they do within their territories but this kind concealment of truth & facts also affects and nullifies the efforts of all other neighbours who are working their a$$ off to deal with this serious situation.

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 10:45 PM

kavvz:

This is an unforgivable act.  In this case, the offender faces severe charges that are those assigned to an act of terrorism.

LUZERNE COUNTY, Pa. - A Pennsylvania grocery store was forced to throw out $35,000 of food after a “very twisted prank” threatened the health of the public.

Joe Fasula, the store’s co-owner, explained

"  a woman, who the police know to be a chronic problem in the community, came in to the store and proceeded to purposely cough on our fresh produce, and a small section of our bakery, meat case and grocery,” 

After the woman was noticed purposefully coughing on the food items, store employees rushed her out of the store before she could contaminate more items and contacted police.

The Hanover Township health inspector helped the store identify every area she was in and Fasula says they made sure to throw out all the food and thoroughly disinfect each area.

“Although we have not yet quantified the total loss, we estimate the value to be well over $35,000,” he added

Faulsa said that while insurance might cover it, their rates will likely go up next year which will further impact their business.

The woman has been charged with threats to use weapons of mass destruction, terroristic threats, criminal mischief, and related charges. 

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 11:28 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I just watched the news reporting that the number of confirmed virus infection cases in the States had passed over 10,000.

Hi Simon,

Actually, it is over 100,000 and increasing horribly fast. New Orleans, Louisiana,   Chicago, Illinois and   Detroit, Michigan are beginning to surge, and are now predicted to explode as soon as 1 week.

God Help us all, everywhere.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 2:20 AM

Day 10 of lockdown in France and it’s just been extended until 14 April. So many people affected , and the many rely on the few to help us through it . Bless all the workers keeping some normality to our lives , and hope when it’s all over , we will appreciate what we have. Stay safe all. Lesley

RSS