Help › Forums

Pushing the Start Button in Clash games

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 23 2020 5:15 AM (6 replies)
  • SumoWarrior
    21 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 3:01 AM

Good morning WGT Golf Fans

At our club "Telegarm Club" (before anyone points out that Telgram is incorrectly spelt, we know), we have been discussing the idea of who should be allowed to press the start button during the Clash games. We, like many other club on here have an international membership and we try to space out our matches evenly over the 48hr period and also allow a "rest break" in between the games.

We also communicate via a messenging app to our club members on not to press the button too soon, as some of our directors and the owner stay up as best they can with sleep breaks during the whole of the clash, thus allowing them to make a brew or answer the call of nature.

So, we are wondering if WGT could make the "Button Press" to start the game only by the Owner or Directors of the club?

Kind Regards

SumoWarrior

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:24 AM

They could, of course, but would they invest work against their business?

Nobody will play Clash rounds in those pauses, no balls and no CC passes will be spent :(

OTOH, would it be good for your CC? As long as a game is running, your members may contribute points to your standing (not in pauses, obviously). Once a round is finished, anyone may start another match and another window to contribute. I'd say that playing rounds is more important than winning matches(?)

Your international membership can only help with this, unlike my members, predominantly from Europe.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 5:01 PM

SumoWarrior:
    So, we are wondering if WGT could make the "Button Press" to start the game only by the Owner or Directors of the club?

It would be great, but it will ever happen.

I always tell our members to play if you want to, or don't play. You will never hear a word from me

35 do play and I think thats par for the course.

• EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 9:48 PM

Personally I think it is a great idea. There would be no change in the number of match ups as each club would still get their 11 matches against other clubs over the 48 hours. But I have no idea how easy or hard such a change would be. There are several other issues with Clash that could also be looked at (prize structure for example), but I wouldn't be holding my breath. 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 2:21 AM

SumoWarrior:

If so, they need to make it owner selectable. I for one would make it so that all our club members would be able to start a clash game. (the way it is now)

• billycash74
    2,074 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 4:55 AM

start a club and dont have members or kick everyone out of the one youre in problem solved. control freak much? people cant just walk away from a clash game long enough to go pee or to the kitchen? this is such a non issue. if you were my club owner i would immediately find another club to play in.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 5:15 AM

The other thing is, I don't want to get up in the middle of the night to start it for the European time zones.

RSS