Forums

Help › Forums

Jan Match Play Tournament

Wed, May 21 2014 12:38 AM (123 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 7:58 AM

For CKEVIN2 and all those who didn't play the first tournament:

Yes, it is true match play. If somebody wins a hole they will go one up, and all that... All rounds are nine holes except the final, which is eighteen. When we have sixteen players registered, you'll be told who you're playing against and you'll also be able to know who other people are playing against.

Then,you'll have to talk to your opponent either by leaving a message on the wall of his profile or simply by saying something here on the forum, and you must arrange a date and a time to play your match.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 9:07 AM

good stuff

please post on my WALL. thats the best way to reach me!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 9:12 AM

I'd like to suggest making the Semi-Final and Final rounds both 18 holes matches.  Since we won't be doing as many consolation matches, we should have some extra time to be able to do 18 instead. I'd prefer if they were all 18 holes matches if possible.  In a nine hole match, if you have a couple of bad holes to start, you've pretty much lost.

Abak, since you started the thread, you should take any links and information from Seveking and edit it into your original post.  That way the first post has all the relevant information for everyone to see and folks don't have to dig down into the thread to find the info.  Seve, I noticed you have second post, so you could also edit the info into that one as well.

One quick question.  Since I am the defending champion... *flex* ... am I automatically the #1 seed or are we gonna just go by scoring average again?

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 9:22 AM

Sounds great. If there is an open slot count me in as well!!!

Dacsyr1

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 9:29 AM

View current entries here: ENTRY FORM DATA

There are currently at least (3) three more spots open.  We can go with more than 16, but we need at least 16 to get underway.

There you go, Abak.  If you just wanna copy and paste that into your first post it's all ready for you. 

Seveking, I can make a graphic for a tournament bracket if you'd like.  I can actually make a pretty nice one, so let me know if you want it.

I've also left a few messages on some folks'  walls linking them to the thread here.  I encourage everyone else to do the same.  16 is great, but 32 would be even better :).

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 12:09 PM

Nivlac, in answer to your first question, I thought we would go by average again(sorry), because a lot of the people that are playing now didn't play last time. You're still seed number 3, anyway, which isn't too bad...                                                        

Afer this tournament, if I start doing the league table based on MP results which I suggested at the begginning of this thread, then we could start using that:the leader against the last one, second against one before last...

And yes, it would be great to use your bracket, so thanks for offering, I'll look forward to seeing it.

And, last, I think 32 people would be great, so we'll wait even when we get sixteen players, but I'm afraid we might end up with 20 or 22 players or something like that, and I don't know what we would do then, but still, we'll see if there's enough interest

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 12:15 PM

Don't worry about an odd number of players. The software I use to setup the bracket will take care of any first round byes for higher seeded (#1, #2 etc) players automatically.  I'd say just set a deadline for signups, maybe Sunday.  We'll be able to go no matter how many people there are.

Plenty of spots still open.  This tourney is open to the HACK tier as well.  I notice there is only 1 entry for that tier.  If enough HACK tier players show interest then seperate tier tournaments can be formed as well.

• geebo7
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 12:30 PM

Great work seveking and nivlac!  look forward to another tournament!  My average has slipped so much over the break, i'll have trouble getting out of the first round now!

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 1:25 PM

OK.... you got me, I'm in!  (if it's not too late of course.... looks like I'm #17?)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 1:28 PM

Nice, gettin' the big names this time around. Welcome to the tourney, Lee. :)

Don't worry about being #17, I'm sure we'll get a few more signups before the deadline and even if we don't it won't be a problem at all.

Also, for the rest of us.  I've asked Alex to consider creating a 'Community Events' or 'Community Tournament Discussion' forum just for this kind of stuff.  That way we aren't cluttering up the General Tournament forum here.  Hopefully she'll be able to oblige us.  Cross your fingers. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View current entries here: ENTRY FORM DATA

RSS