Forums

Help › Forums

Jan Match Play Tournament

Wed, May 21 2014 12:38 AM (123 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2009 9:52 AM

We've reached the semis and four of the top five seeds are still there. Who will take glory...?

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 6:14 AM

The only frustration I have is that we cannot watch the final!! It would be pretty exciting to follow Nivlac and ckevin2 or BrandonW playing......

Is it a way to film that? :)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 1:47 PM

I looked into that actually.  CamStudio is a 100% free desktop recorder.  2 major problems.  Choppy 2GB movies for you and an extremely laggy meter for me. :(

Only someone with a serious top of the line system could accomplish this I think.  And either way there's still the 2GB movie issue.  I think even YouTube has it's limit.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2009 9:11 AM

And then there were two... it's all come down to this! :D

Round 5 Results: 2 / 2 Matches Complete

#1 nivlac defeats #5 iconian 1up

#2 CKEVIN2 defeats #3 BrandonW 3 & 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship Match:

#2 CKEVIN2 defeats #1 nivlac 2 & 1

3rd Place Match:

#5 iconian defeats #3 BrandonW 1up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winners should report the results of your match HERE

View the complete tournament bracket HERE or HERE (mirror)

View the raw tournament data HERE

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2009 4:38 PM

It was truly a battle of the titans.  One for the record books even.  Hole for hole, shot for shot, putt for putt we battled on until only one man could be left standing.  The winner.

I ask everyone to help in congratulating your 2009 January Match Play Tournament Champion, CKEVIN2!!!  Way to go man!  Well played and deserved.

Keep in mind we still have a 3rd place match we're waiting for the results for.  We're not quite done yet but, no time needed to be wasted in announcing the champion.  Congrats again and thank you to everyone for participating in this tournament.  YOU, the WGT community, made it a success.  Well done everyone!

• CKEVIN2
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2009 5:08 PM

First off I would like to say "well done" to Nivlac and those who have helped put this together.  I'm sure you will only make the next one better. My hats off. I'm sure you'll be there for next finals Niv. 

Second: It is very cool that Only in this format can players meet the top players who they generally would not get to play with, such as a.lee, icon, nivlac, or myself.(without inviting a million times..) I wish we had this tourny when I was trying to get some help.    

Third: This one is for you Tibbetts, my friend although you might be the most hated guy on the game right now, this one is still for you.. Your just one opinionated SOB whos not afraid to show it. 

Fourth: If your gonna play in Feb. then make sure you can fit it into your hectic schedule, we all work, we all have lives, and we all play.  But not all of us live in the same hemisphere. So if your a person who can't adjust their schedule just a little bit, don't play.  You not only hold up your match, but the next one as well. 

Once again congrats on a successful tourny boys..

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 9:25 AM

Congratulations CKEVIN2 for winning, and congratulations nivlac for the organising and for reaching the final! Great job, everyone, I'll see you in the next one!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 4:05 PM

Congrats to the Final 4 and the eventual winner CKevin2 (and an excellent post as well).

I'm looking forward to the next one!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 4:22 PM

Congrats to CKEVIN2 :)

• bobmarokk
    21 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 5:31 PM

Conrats to CKEVIN2 for winning this tourney!

Thanks to nivlac for organising in a very proffesional way:-)

RSS