Forums

Help › Forums

Jan Match Play Tournament

Wed, May 21 2014 12:38 AM (123 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2009 8:48 AM

Has anyone seen or heard from Abak lately?  I can't say that I have.  His last activity was on January 7th.  I hope nothing is wrong.  It's not like him to just dissapear.

That aside though, the first and second rounds have pretty much went off without a hitch so I want to thank everyone for staying on top of things.  This really could not be going any smoother so far.  Much better than I expected with 42 entries.

Third round match info will be posted on your walls this evening.  The third round will be the final 9 hole match.  After this, we start 18 hole matches. Good luck to everyone! :D

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2009 10:50 AM

I spoke to Abak about a week or two ago, and he told me he was going to have to go to London and he wasn't sure whether he was going to be able to play. Apparently he hasn't...

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2009 8:46 PM

Round 3 is in the books.

Round 3 Results: 8 / 8 Matches Complete

#1 nivlac defeats #16 JrPapa 4 & 2

#2 CKEVIN2 defeats #18 Fuzzygazz 4 & 3

#3 BrandonW defeats #11 SmoothSwinger 1up

#20 gitthe upsets #4 AvatarLee 3 & 2

#5 iconian defeats #12 geebo7 3 & 2

#6 JUANSPARKY defeats #14 seveking 3 & 1

#7 Bacs defeats #10 TheTruth67 2 & 1

#25 Jarid defeats #24 NPTiger 4 & 2

Congratulations to all Round 3 winners!

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 4:55 AM

Sorry guys for my long absence, I was away for a business trip with no possibility to join you in this tournament. Is it still possible to join or is it too late? It is my fault and I assume completely my responsibility...

Hope all the best for the qualifiers...

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 6:35 PM

Sorry Abak, you just missed the Round 2deadline and Round 3 ends tomorrow night. :(  The good news is signups for the February event are just around the corner.

• Jarid
    31 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 6:53 PM

Hi Nivac, I've tried to reach NPTiger for our much but haven't been successful thus far. I'm running out of time due to my work schedule. If we aren't able to hook up tomorrow afternoon or evening then I wont be able to play.

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2009 1:50 AM

Ok Nivlac, I understand, good luck Jarid and NPtiger, I will follow the scores....

Cheers

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2009 7:15 PM

Sorry fellas, issues with my hosting again.  Bracket will be updated ASAP.

Quarterfinal Results:  4 / 4 Matches Complete

#1 nivlac defeats #25 Jarid 3 & 1

#2 CKEVIN2 defeats #7 Bacs 4 & 3

#3 BrandonW defeats #6 JUANSPARKY 1up / 20

#5 iconian defeats #20 gitthe 4 & 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is 1 semifinal match to be played.  Winners will move on to play for the title and the #1 seed in February.  Losers will play a 3rd place consolation match.  Good luck guys!  The semifinals can begin!

#2 CKEVIN2 vs #3 BrandonW

Round 5 Results: 1 / 2 Matches Complete

#1 nivlac defeats #5 iconian 1up

Semifinal results are due by 11:59PM EST on Monday, January 26th!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winners should report the results of your match HERE

View the complete tournament bracket HERE or HERE (mirror)

View the raw tournament data HERE

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2009 9:58 PM

gm cal, coming back from 4 down after first game, sucks.

least's i made it fun in the 2nd game...

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2009 10:26 PM

That was, by far, the best match I've had yet!  If I had to give it a name it'd be "The Tale of Two Nines".  I think I got a little conservative after that first nine and it almost led to a collapse the likes of which the world hasn't seen since Jean Van de Velde in the 1999 British Open.  It still hurts to watch that video.

Hats off to you my friend.  You absolutely burned up the back side and I feel pretty damn lucky to be moving on.  Perhaps we'll meet again in February! :)

RSS