Forums

Help › Forums

people who disconnect during a game

Mon, Feb 15 2021 6:17 PM (34 replies)
  • IleJovcevski1979
    5 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 10:50 AM

I hope one day we get the option of blocking people who quit mid game, after it becomes apparent they can no longer win or tie. I'm fed up with this. Resign if you can't win. Don't waste my time. :( 

• Paulmcarthur0
    1 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 9:36 PM

I agree, it wastes time and sometimes can mess you up a bit. Had it happen in the last showdown and I got 3 bogeys when I was one under. Very annoying

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2020 7:34 AM

happens all the time.  the other night, I was -6 through 4 holes in a Shanghai match.  guy goes, I can't compete, and bails.  This bothers me for a few reasons.  I'm a coach, and if you don't play/practice you can't get better, ask your opponent questions, i'll answer them, and at least try to explain what I do in 45 seconds.  Lastly, just have fun, coins are useless...yeah the hits on the ball are valuable, so I kind of get it...but it's what?  another 15 hits?  

last night, 3 holes into a shanghai, guy is -3, I stone my approach to 1' and he quits.  it's annoying, and it's a problem.  you shouldn't be allowed to quit or forfeit once you start a match.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 8:35 AM

I agree with Paul on this issue.  I only play Match Play because, when I started WGT I didn't have a lot of time.  I played while sitting in my office at work, after all my meetings and phone calls and signing papers, etc.  But I didn't have a lot of time so in Match Play 30 second clock, I was usually able to finish a game in 20 minutes and sometimes sooner.  If you win the first 5 holes, the game is over.   

If I was ahead and my opponent quit, great.  Another win on my record and it ended quicker.  If I still had enough time, I would find another opponent and play a second game.  Playing this way, I was able to get a lot of games in over the years, with a 94% win record.  Its not a Ranked game, so it does not impact my Average, but I don't care.  I play to win and have fun.  Winning is most important so that I can maintain my win percentage RECORD.

Why do  you play?  Does it really matter that your opponent quit?   

• shing1
    443 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 10:48 AM

players are quitting cos its a crap game,,, i dont blame them anymore

• IleJovcevski1979
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 7:08 PM

Thanks mate. Good points. I wish i had enough time to frequent these forums most often, instead of just lurking,

The irritating part is that sometimes it's just obvious. You heartbeat, they water hazard, and then then you wait.....and wait.....

And then again, when i play friendly games with my friends or brother, non rated ones, i'm stuck at one timeout......  i just think there's some room for improvement here. 

RSS