Forums

Help › Forums

people who disconnect during a game

Mon, Feb 15 2021 6:17 PM (34 replies)
  • jambodoogs
    6 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 10:29 AM

Why can,t we get this sorted i was playing a master and a tour pro  and they both disconnected after 4 holes.I was-1 and they were +1 this should,nt be allowed it puts genuine players like myself and others rather annoying!!! .From Jambodoogs.

• fecker
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 3:44 PM

i was logging into the forum to say the same.  3 times playing blitz the games all died because folk disconnected after a bad shot, or because they were getting their ass kicked.  They should be barred playing for the rest of the day.  Shite behaviour.

• Larter
    7 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 1:50 PM

• MainchutedotCom
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 8:05 AM

Today I have been disconnected 4 times with something call "Unexpected Error".  So sometimes those people aren't just dropping out.  I don't know why I'm having this problem.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 2:21 PM

It's not always the players doing this. I just posted in the forums about this problem. You can't even get past the 4th hole on an AS game and you get the little error box and wait 4 damn minutes and they can't get back. I hooked back up with one player who said it had happened to them 8 times today and never finished a game. We got to the 2nd tee and someone else got disconnected and  never came back.  I believe it is a WGT problem, they won't admit it and won't fix it.  Shameless.

• eurantia
    318 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 12:22 AM

You're new to the game,fecker, and unfortunately if you play the general population you will run into all kinds.A  while ago [many moons ago] at that time I was putting for a 29, on the last hole,I had a  3footer.The guy i was playing was up to putt and he quit on me ,the game got an error and even reloading the page was not helpful.That is just one of countless rude situations  that I'm sure we've all suffered  At that time it was to be my best score ever and ,well you can imagine!I have long since gotten over it!LOL.I've been playing almost 2 years and I've acquired a rock solid friend base.You will have to put in some time in getting a reliable  friend list but it is growing pains that we all suffer through.Nothing will ever be done about quitting,unfortunately,as the problem is as prevalent as it was 2 years ago.It is the price you have to suffer through when you deal with the public.I exclusively play on the friend list that I have built and never have a quitter to  deal with.It will take time but anything worth having takes time and effort.Good luck in your endeavors.As far as disconnects,I feel that is a connection issue.From my end, I rarely if ever get disconnected having to reload.I've noticed it is usually the same players that have trouble loading and get disconnected constantly. and its back to the clubhouse looking at the 5 minute clock waiting for them to come back.Who knows,there are so many variables that it is difficult to place blame.

• MikeyCritter
    77 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 2:27 AM

Yes, I can agree that it is very frustrating, I am not sure if they use the menu to exit if it would resolve the problem. I think they just click the red close icon rather than look in the menu above the chat box. Does anyone know if that would relieve the tension from the other players loosing their time as well, just asking.

Mike

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 6:06 AM

jambodoogs:
    disconnected after 4 holes

this is called quitting, and about 1000 threads, so your complaint has been heard many times, and WGT is aware, but they feel this is a problem only in your head, and will do nothing except laugh when they read the threads. This goes with the meter, which  is also  a laughing matter. So continue on, when they quit, just laugh, and when your meter pulls you out of your seat, just slap your leg and say that was funny. Of course if you are in the middle of a great game, and this happens, you can frown a little bit

• Rdecastro
    14 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 9:50 PM

i guess u never been disconnected w/ something called UNEXPECTED ERROR

• Clobber42
    2 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2011 6:26 AM

Connection is abysmal today. Took six attempts to get started on a blitz game then connection dropped after 6 holes. And they want people to pay for this crap.

RSS