Forums

Help › Forums

2/11 Improved Update Available? Won't Load

Thu, Jul 22 2021 4:03 AM (34 replies)
  • arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 11:45 AM

Finished a club tourney,and when I returned to the Home screen, I got a message that said "Improved Update Available" Please Restart App to Continue

I closed the app, clicked on my desktop shortcut and the app launcher window began- Looking for updates..... Game is up to date. 

I clicked on Play and when the main window came up: "Improved Update Available" Please Restart App to Continue

This time, I clicked on the Update Now button on the message and nothing happened. 

I rebooted my computer, tried again, same result. 

Mobile game loads on my phone, Emulator loads on my computer. PC version opens fine. PCEA won't get past the Update Available message. 

• thespaniard3
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 11:57 AM

The same happened to me.  Finished a tourney and returned to home screen it said an update was available and to restart my app.  So I closed the app and re-opened my app on my PC and the message was there again?  I hope they fix this glitch quickly.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:00 PM

Same here. Start - game up to date. Play. mobile style update available. When I click update now, it just closes the launcher. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:03 PM

Glad it's not just me

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:05 PM

JimbeauC:

Same here. Start - game up to date. Play. mobile style update available. When I click update now, it just closes the launcher. 

Yep same here . You would think that by now after all of these years WGT would be able to update the game and not screw it up . But nooooooo that just cant happen and I doubt if it ever will .

• morrison6
    34 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:07 PM

lonniescott711:

JimbeauC:

Yep same here . You would think that by now after all of these years WGT would be able to update the game and not screw it up . But nooooooo that just cant happen and I doubt if it ever will .

Yes, the same thing happens to me, click on update the app and the page closes each time? HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!

• Grish72
    333 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:08 PM

arkage57:

Finished a club tourney,and when I returned to the Home screen, I got a message that said "Improved Update Available" Please Restart App to Continue

I closed the app, clicked on my desktop shortcut and the app launcher window began- Looking for updates..... Game is up to date. 

I clicked on Play and when the main window came up: "Improved Update Available" Please Restart App to Continue

This time, I clicked on the Update Now button on the message and nothing happened. 

I rebooted my computer, tried again, same result. 

Mobile game loads on my phone, Emulator loads on my computer. PC version opens fine. PCEA won't get past the Update Available message. 

same same.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:09 PM

Has anyone tried deleting and reinstalling the PCEA Launcher using the download link?

⛔   NEVER MIND That didn't work  😢

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts

And they have a tourney going on that now we cant get back into, what a wonderful time to update

• morrison6
    34 Posts

Same thin happens to me, I`m on a pc, every time I click on upload new app the page closes.. HELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!

RSS