Callaway Rogue Pro iron set L100

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 28 2020 5:30 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 4:56 AM

Hi

I used level 100 for a very long time n recently I rented n then bought the Level 97 and it is definitely better in my opinion.

- Varun 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 5:06 AM

I had both but use the L100 Pro now. It did take me awhile to get use to them. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 5:36 AM

WoodenHands:

I had been playing with the Callaway Apex set and figured these might help as they're the exact same specs but with a supposedly slower meter.........

I've found the meter to actually appear a little quicker and the distances to be quite random at times, also missing the ding results in crazily wide shots

One of the things you should do when you get new stuff is clear your cache so the proper equipment files get loaded. Not doing so could cause what you're seeing.  :-)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 8:32 AM

It was kinda the same story with L97 Nike Vapor Fly and L100 Nike Vapor irons. Many including myself preferred L97.

One iron set I was never ever able to figure out or tweak was the Callaway Apex (L100). It was a bronco impossible to tame.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 4:39 AM

i played significantly with both, the 97 rogues and use the 100 rogues (now mavrik I guess?).

The 97 rogues were awesome.  Really good.  Allowed me to start competing and holding my own with approach shots.  

Once I got the 100's, my approaches took off and were getting spot on.  You really don't notice the different meter speed if you have a ball similarly equipped (at the time I was using the 90 Titleist ball, now 87) but it is far too expensive to play with now a days.  I use the level 51 Volvik and the 33 Callaway and the 100's perform quite well.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 5:30 AM

YankeeJim:

WoodenHands:

I had been playing with the Callaway Apex set and figured these might help as they're the exact same specs but with a supposedly slower meter.........

I've found the meter to actually appear a little quicker and the distances to be quite random at times, also missing the ding results in crazily wide shots

One of the things you should do when you get new stuff is clear your cache so the proper equipment files get loaded. Not doing so could cause what you're seeing.  :-)

+ 1000  I do that with all new clubs, as suggested in these forums years ago.

• PAGES
RSS