Help › Forums

Callaway Rogue Pro iron set L100

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 28 2020 5:30 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:39 PM

Anyone else buy these thinking they might be the answer?

I had been playing with the Callaway Apex set and figured these might help as they're the exact same specs but with a supposedly slower meter.........

I've found the meter to actually appear a little quicker and the distances to be quite random at times, also missing the ding results in crazily wide shots

I'm not that good a player but I've played enough rounds to have an idea of what to expect, feels like I've been ripped off buying these.

Anyway my question is.....has anyone else been disappointed in these? Or conversely, has anyone found these the answer to their prayers? If the latter is the case, did they take bedding in as it were?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:50 PM

WoodenHands:
    I had been playing with the Callaway Apex set and figured these might help as they're the exact same specs but with a supposedly slower meter.........

Not sure which set of Apex you were previously playing (L30, 52, 85) but the Lv100 Apex (old clubs that aren’t in pro shop any more) have better Precision and Forgiveness stats than any of the others ... BUT they also have a FASTER swing meter than all the lower level ones. The Lv 52 & 85 both have 4.4 meters but the Lv100’s are only 3.7 so they will have a faster meter. How long have you had them? When did you buy them?

These clubs have been replaced in the Proshop by the Level 100 Callaway Rogue Pro set which is identical to the Lv100 Apex but with a better 4.0 swing meter

I'm personally coming up on Lvl 97 and am debating on whether to get the 97’s Rogue set or wait to get the Lvl100 Rogue Pro set myself.

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 5:03 PM

I was previously and have currently switched back to the L100 Apex, they have a 3.7 meter but it seems slower to me than the rogues, I was late on most shots with the rogues, surely if anything I ought to have been early?

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 5:38 PM

Thr L100 Rogue Pro irons have a 4.0 meter speed and they play great . Always clear your cache when changing either ball or clubs before play . This will ensure that you have the proper files downloaded for the game .

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 6:20 PM

I was told that the L97 played better

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 6:52 PM

dhjam1 in theory the L100’s should play better as they have a slightly better precision and forgiveness stats. The meter is faster so you might lose some of that back in worse meter ding ability. As long as a player is accurate with the meter at 4.0 vs. 4.4 then the 100’s should be better.
    I’m personally leaning towards the 97’s for a couple reasons. I’ve always opted for slower metered equipment as getting as close to the ding as possible is going to lead to better scores. Also I can get the 97’s sooner rather than later! It will take quite some time to level up from 97 to 100 !

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 9:45 AM

MarchieB:

dhjam1 in theory the L100’s should play better as they have a slightly better precision and forgiveness stats. The meter is faster so you might lose some of that back in worse meter ding ability. As long as a player is accurate with the meter at 4.0 vs. 4.4 then the 100’s should be better.

Theories are all well and good, but I am going to listen to the advice from someone who actually used both sets to hit several sleeves . Thanks for your input  and good luck with whichever you choose.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 12:30 AM

dhjam1:
    I was told that the L97 played better

I agree with that.  The meter makes a big difference for me, too.

• Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 2:43 AM

I have both level 100 and 97. Yes the level 100 are slightly more accurate and slightly more forgiving BUT you have to be able to click the meter. Speed has little to do with it for me. The level 100 run nice and smooth right until they get to the hitting zone then they jump all over the place. Meter stability is far more important than meter speed in my opinion. With the cheap low feel balls to mid range balls I play I click much better shots with any consistency playing the level 97. I can see how the level 100 are better once you get some of those random distances dialed in with top balls.So if you can click them and they are difficult to click they are slightly better but for most average players the level 97 will play better I think.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 4:35 AM

I had both, sold the 100 rogue Pro, and kept the L97. I like the L97 with 4.4 meter speed, and I find more accurate than 100s, for me anyway. I just couldn’t dial the 100s.

• PAGES
RSS