Forums

Help › Forums

Cant find a game

Wed, Feb 12 2020 9:58 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 8:52 AM

I looked for a match play game , Waited several minutes , Nothing !

I looked for a stroke play game , Waited several minutes , Nothing !

What gives ?  You guys don't want to play or what  ?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:41 PM

I thought you already knew everyone has left WGT to go back to Links and Tiger Woods's Golf.  WGT CS is sending players there too.  Yep...we are now the few left in this here ghost town.

In all reality though, I don't think any of us know how to invite friends and get the mobile match play working.  I think there's still issues that need to be addressed by the WGT dev team.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:52 PM

Sorry ,  I try not to play the " Mobile " game when driving home from work , I also dont drink and drive .  But I am home now and on the old time flash game desk top thingy . Ready to play .

OPY 

EDIT :  and the only other game I play is the Andyson , hunting for Squatch /  with team Yancy and  Reformed Troll 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:29 PM

CEverett12:
    What gives ?  You guys don't want to play or what  ?

Right now CEverett12 I think the Match and Stroke play Multiplayer options on the PCEA / Mobile versions of game are suffering from the “Chicken vs. Egg” conundrum. 

The majority of players who are used to playing these formats are “Flash” players who are gripping onto the Flash game like a newborn baby on their mother’s teat !!! Very few have transitioned over to the new PCEA.
    As well a lot of Mobile players only play on their devices and never venture outside of it. Right now these game formats cannot be initiated from the Mobile App game. A good amount probably have no idea about the PCEA or this site/forum ect. 
    Until these play options are fully added to the mobile Apps I think it will be hard to find a game by searching for a random person to play with.

Right now your best option is to setup a game with people from your friends list. They can even play on mobile as long as they are invited by a player playing on the PCEA.  

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:55 PM

MarchieB:
    They can even play on mobile as long as they are invited by a player playing on the PCEA.  

Are you saying cross-platform works?  Wow!  Or, are you saying PCEA --->Mobile cross-platform works?  I don't think Flash--->Mobile or Flash--->PCEA works.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 5:11 PM

No pmm711, I  only know about PCEA and Mobile that work together. (I don’t play Flash so I cannot say anything about that) A player on PCEA can initiate a Matchplay, Challenge, or 4 player game with other PCEA or Mobile players by inviting players from their Friends list. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:32 AM

^^^Thanks for that bit of info.  Definitely progress and worth trying out.  I hope the flash diehards decide to convert one day and hope WGT can get the mobile/PCEA friends list to appear/function more like the one in flash.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 3:07 AM

pmm711:

MarchieB:
    They can even play on mobile as long as they are invited by a player playing on the PCEA.  

Are you saying cross-platform works?  Wow!  Or, are you saying PCEA --->Mobile cross-platform works?  I don't think Flash--->Mobile or Flash--->PCEA works.

Hi Paul,

Flash can invite NV (New Version) to MP, Stroke but NV can't invite Flash as an Error will pop up

Ken

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 4:29 AM

Kenher01:
    Flash can invite NV (New Version) to MP, Stroke but NV can't invite Flash as an Error will pop up.

Ken, do you know if that also means that Mobile players can be invited by a Flash player?

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 5:58 AM

Been that way for years,stroke match alt even blitz is next to impossible to find players.10 million users claimed by Wgt yet at time impossible to find anyone online playing pickup games

• PAGES
RSS